bullseye competition

XD45Sooner

Do you have to shoot bullseye with both a 22 and a 45 to compete? I have a ruger 22 that I want to start shooting bullseeye with but I dont want to shoot with my 45...ammo is too much. Can you use a red dot in bullseye? Is it all one handed shooting? thanks!

kraigwy

No Sir;

Bullseye consist of a 2700, that being 90 rounds each with the 22, cf and 45.

You can shoot one, two or all three events.

Jump right in and start shooting only the 22 900 event, have fun and I hope you progress to the other two guns.

And yes its all one handed. Shot 30 rounds SF at 50 yards, 30 shot Timed fire and 30 shots rapid (timed and rapid is fired at 25 yards.)

I have the USAMU Pistol Marksmanship guide on PDF format. It will give you all the information you need on Bullseye. If interested PM me with your e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you.

melchloboo

If you are new to it, you may find .45 one-handed very frustrating. I waited almost a year to start, practiced exclusively with a .22. One reason was to master technique, the other was to wait until I got a reloading press.

Then the problem may come that you out-shoot a run of the mill .45 at 50 yards, and need a $2000 bulls eye 1911.

So I am 100% of the belief that your money would be better spend on a decent airgun that would let you practice on days you can't make it to the range. I'm of the belief the your 900 .22 leg scores should be about 810-820 before bothering with a .45. Put another way, you ought to occasionally see a 50yd. 90+, and most 25 yard timed and rapid fires should be about 95.

But hey...it feels good to shoot the big gun. Do what you gotta do!

Sebring Pop

I agree 100% with melchloboo. I still shoot a pellet gun at home to try to better my skills. I shoot a S&W model 41 for 22, a S&W model 52 for cf and a Colt 1911-A1 Series 70 Tricked out for 45.
I shoot 840-860 in 3 gun and 860-880 in 22 900's
Best of luck to ya.