Bullseye, 9mm Luger, and 115gr FMJs

CortJestir

Search is kinda funky right now, so forgive me if this has been covered...

So, in my Lee manual the suggested start grains for Bullseye with a 115gr jacketed bullet is 5.0gr. The max is also 5.0gr. I can't correlate with Lyman as the manual does not have any data for 115gr FMJs. From what I've searched on here and other sources, 5.0gr seems a bit hot to start.

I'm loading for a SIG P239 and SIG P6/225 and plan to use for casual target and practice.

Would you recommend I start at 10% below at 4.5gr? Lower? Please share your experience with this load.

Many thanks,
CJ

Loader9

They can get by with that data as they are using a fairly long COL of 1.120. Any shorter and pressure would go up a lot. I would not suggest starting at 5.0 grs but something like the 4.5 grs you are talking about. I don't use Bullseye for anything anymore. It's just nasty to clean up after. I prefer much cleaner burning powders which usually means more powder in the case. I use AA5 in a 9mm almost exclusively because of it.

CortJestir

Thanks Loader9. I have a test batch of 10 of these rounds with OALs between 1.150" and 1.155" (IIRC, they are definitely above 1.120", though). But I think I will pull them and play it safe with a lighter load.

Last edited: