Bulls Eye .45

Old Gaffer

OK, here's the deal...

I've been shooting in my local BE league for about 4 months, using a Browning Buck Mark .22. Yes, I'm painfully aware that it's not a Hammerli 208 or (fill in your favorite .22 here), but it's what I have, and I'm both learning and progressing. Most importantly, I'm having a helluva good time doing it.:) I just did a trigger job on it and was rewarded with a smooth pull at 2-1/4 lbs.

I'm starting to consistently shoot in the mid-to-upper 80's at all ranges, with an occasional foray into the low-mid 90's on timed and rapid fire.

And I've been thinking about getting a .45 so I can shoot a full 2700 and get a ranking.

I know two things about .45; the first is that I'll also have to get into reloading, the second is that I can't afford a Les Baer, Rock River, or any of the other ready-to-go 45's. OK, maybe I should reverse that order...

I CAN afford a new Taurus PT1911 (about which I've read copious Good Things), and maybe a used SA or something like that. I suspect reloading will cost the same regardless of which gun I get, though there might be less experimenting required with a BE .45 with a longer track record than the Taurus.

So here's the dilemma, do I jump into .45 with what I can afford now (Taurus PT1911), or do I hold off for a while - maybe a long while - and use the time to improve my .22 scores and save up to get in at a higher price level for .45?

The floor is open.

And for those of you going to, or at Camp Perry, 10's and X's.

All the best,
Rob

Glennster

Old Gaffer,
I began shooting Bulls Eye with a Browning Buckmark, I have the model that comes with a scope rail built right on top of the 5.5'' bull barrel. I put a Red Dot scope on that little sweetie and shot the heck out of it!!!
I was not too bad, I was shooting 275's with it. My best average for a season was 271. It's a great .22, no shame in that baby!!!
Now for the sales job. I've got a Colt series 70 that was built for Bulls Eye.
I need cash to build a long range rifle. I don't shoot Bulls Eye any more, so the Colt is up for sale.
It's got the Red Dot on it. $1100 delivered to your door.
Any interest???
Email
glenn.nancy@verizon.net
Thanks,
Glenn

Glennster

TNT_Shooter,
I don't remember the name of the guy that built it. He passed away years ago.
The gun is tight as the bark on a tree, it shoots great. Yes, it's still for sale.
Email or call if you'd like. 574-596-7755
glenn.nancy@verizon.net
I'm in Elkhart Indiana.
Thanks,
Glenn

Last edited: