Bullet Puller

deanadell

Who makes one that will pull the bullets from a 500 S&W round? I screwed up about 2 dozen rounds :eek: and my bullet puller will only work on .45 caliber and smaller....

crowbeaner

Order a new set of jaws for the impact puller, cramp the locking part down and very carefully drill the hole bigger with a 1/2" drill.

snuffy

# DOES NOT work on the 240, 378, 416, 460 Weatherby Magnum.
# Ultra Mags and cartridges in the WSM family are too large. They will not work with this bullet puller.

From the midway website you linked to.

The problem is no one has made a kinetic puller with a large enough throat to take the 50 caliber shells. My old RCBS puller was NOT big enough to take my 300 WSM shells. It is NOW! I simply reamed it out to allow the larger body to pass through the top. I doubt you could remove enough material to allow the 500 magnum to enter and NOT weaken the top too much.

Rampant_Colt

I'm certain that if the Frankford puller can accomodate cartridges as large as the .348 Win, it should be able to handle the .500 S&W.
If not, then ream or drill out one of the shell holders as mentioned above :)

snuffy

If not, then ream or drill out one of the shell holders as mentioned above

It has nothing to do with the shell holders. It's the plastic body of the puller directly under the shell holder/collet that won't take the body of the shell. There might be a problem with the bullet itself not being able to pass through the plastic body below the brass shell AFTER it has been dislodged from the shell.

Plain and simply, someone has to see a need, make one big enough for 50 cal. shells. Maybe the 50 BMG boys should raise a stink about not being able to pull those huge bullets from their mix-ups.

DEDON45

Dang, I was gonna say get a Hornady collet bullet puller, but just notice the largest collet for it was .458 ... but you could probably get that, and drill it out like another poster mentioned. I likes my Hornady bullet puller!