bullet makers for 357 mag

Shadow9mm

So I recently became aware of a debacle within Hornady https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ULdhtFmGA.

I'm not swearing off Hornady however this has made me take into consideration my supply options. I was curious to see who are the bullet makers. And of these, who makes bullets suitable for full power 357, FMJ, TMJ, Plated, Jacketed, Solid Copper, Or Gas Checked lead. Mainly because the Hornady XTP seemed to be the most plentiful .357 bullets that were generally readily available. Granted the supply chain is a mess, but I wanted to see who makes them, and what they are currently listing as being made.

So far here are the makers I have looked at, and who makes 357 mag bullets.

berrys y
lehigh y
speer y
sierra y
federal y
nosler y
swift y
winchester y
remington n
Matts y
Montana y
cutting edge y
RMR y
Rim Rock Bullets y
zero bullets y
xtreme n (no thick plate option restricted to about 1200fps)
Norma N

And here is the current list I have compiled of options from them that they show being produced, regardless of availability. Honestly the more I look, it seems like the selection is actually fairly small...
attachment.php

Who am I missing? There are a few I have not added to the spreadsheet yet, just trying to see what my options are.

Attachments

• makers.png
    makers.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

nhyrum

Frig... I guess once I'm done with my a tips I'm going back to bergers...

But to stay on topic, rmr bullets has a 357 158 gr. Brass jacket. I do not know if it's one of "their" bullets, either a proprietary design made by someone else, as they have a few of those, or if it's a different commercial bullet that they get in bulk sometimes, which they also do. I do know it's not one made by them at their Lewiston building

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Shadow9mm

correction:
Remington = yes
Winchester = yes
I know remington and winchester both used to make components, however I was unable to find any remington pistol bullet components listed on their site. and While winchester listed some, I was unable to find them online, or they were listed as out of production. If you have links I would be happy to get them added back on.

74A95

Winchester at Midway and Powder Valley.
Remington at Midway from time to time. I recently bought some from Midway.

And see the Rem. and Win. 2021 catalogs.

Shadow9mm

Winchester at Midway and Powder Valley.
Remington at Midway from time to time. I recently bought some from Midway.

And see the Rem. and Win. 2021 catalogs.
got winchester updated, but only shows as coming soon, some hope at least. midway has the remington bullets listed as discontinued, or limited one time run, other sites out of stock. With remingtons change over Its hard to say what, if anything they will be making.

Last edited:

Shadow9mm

Frig... I guess once I'm done with my a tips I'm going back to bergers...

But to stay on topic, rmr bullets has a 357 158 gr. Brass jacket. I do not know if it's one of "their" bullets, either a proprietary design made by someone else, as they have a few of those, or if it's a different commercial bullet that they get in bulk sometimes, which they also do. I do know it's not one made by them at their Lewiston building

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
those look interesting, but with no crimp groove, would need a firm taper crimp.... Will get them added when I have a chance.

Shadow9mm

One more:

Zero

As far as cast bullets = just about everyone who casts bullets.
Zero look interesting. Found a place out of ohio with their 158g SP listed, got them added.

Yes, casting is important as well. I'm just getting into it myself. However I need to get mold that is set up for gas checks, and find or make some gas checks.

Last edited:

rclark

Just about any cast bullet company has .357 bullets. There are quite a few. I use Rimrock myself. 158g SWC. All I ever shoot in my .357s.