Bulldog from Forehand and Wadsworth

Doc Hoy

Came home with a .44 Webley British Bulldog from the Forehand and Wadsworth company.

Revolver was in a gun shop in Ivor, VA for repair. Repairs complete. Owner contacted repeatedly over a two year period with no response. His loss. My gain.

Along with the pistol I got 250 rounds of .44 Webley loaded with black powder.

Not certain what I am going to do with this revolver. At a hundred and a half, I could not pass up the deal. I don't think I want to get started loading .44 Webley. These cases are various headstamps and all are marked .44 S&W Special so they were cut down to Webley length.

I may shoot it up and then retire the revolver to the wall and sell the brass.

thickice

I have the same revolver in .38 S&W. Fun to shoot with light BP loads. I have read that the F&W was the best of the "foreign" copies. If you get the chance read "The British Bulldog" by George Layman.

Strafer Gott

I'm always surprised that there aren't more of these critters around. Mine has "British Bulldog" stamped into the top strap. I fire the Speer plastic munitions.
That's about as far as I'd go.

toolslinger

That is freakin awesome. I always thought the history of those little guns was cool. I wish I still had my Charter Arms.

Doc Hoy

Gary et al.

I have a lot of firearms which I have just come to accept won't be fired very much.

Of thirty cap and ball revolvers I shoot maybe five of them and the rest are in the wall cases.

I shoot three of my five rifles

I have about two dozen cartridge pistols and at this moment only half of them are shootable.

As I accumulate more and more weapons, I have to accept that the ones I shoot will be shot less. (Only so many hours in a day.)

This is likely one of the revolvers which I will probly put about two dozen rounds through and then just hang up. Maybe one day I will have a case for Bicycle revolvers, one for early twentieth century swing outs, a case for Bulldogs and similar and so on.

I must confess, I don't know when and where this will end. I simply can't look a pistol without wanting it.