Bulgarian Luger valuation

spacecoast

I'm looking some help valuing a 1908 Bulgarian contract Luger in about 50% condition but appearing to be all original. If you have expertise in this area, please feel free to reply or PM me to discuss.

Thanks, spacecoast

Markspics001_zps43c819fb.jpg

Markspics002_zps692bf33a.jpg

Markspics003_zpsbfeaa6f3.jpg

Last edited:

PetahW

FWIW, the BBGV's lowest value for a 1908 Bulgarian is 60% / $675.

Non-collector buyers, however, seem to pay whatever, whenever ANY P-08's available for sale - so "who knows" ?

Considering that, I would expect it to bring at least 50% more.

spacecoast

FWIW, the BBGV's lowest value for a 1908 Bulgarian is 60% / $675.

Thanks, I should have mentioned that I have the latest BBGV (34th) and it lists the 08 Bulgarian for $1600 at 60% (4th listing on p. 1154). I also have the last bill of sale on this gun (1968) and it was $225.

Last edited:

James K

Member In Memoriam
I see so few of those guns that I will have to take the BB's word on the value for that one. But I agree that it looks right, and about in average condition for those guns. Apparently the Bulgars didn't coddle their guns.

Jim

PetahW

My BBGV's a few years old, so a jump in value of about 125% for a 60% gun from $675 to $1600 really reflects both how fast examples are disappearing (for whatever reason), and the increasing enthusiasm for P-08's.

SaxonPig

The condition is not great from a collector's point of view, but it appears complete, correct, and it is an uncommonly seen variation. I don't give value estimates but I have seen garden variety DWMs and Erfurts little or no better than this one going for $1,200+. Simply due to its scarcity I would expect it to go significantly higher. If I were selling it I would list it at auction with a 2K starting price and see what happens. I can always come down a bit if it gets no bids. If you don't want to sell and just want to put a value on it then hell, say it's worth 5K. Or 100K. It's your gun so you say it's worth whatever you want it to be worth. I have a safe full of million dollar guns, myself.