Built my first reloading bench...

Not the greatest, but for $40 in materials, it will work for the space I have...
Not quite done arranging everything and still have a few more things to buy for it to be complete.

Dimensions:
Bench Top: 36" X 24". Bench is 36" from floor.
Top shelf is 24" above bench and is 12" deep.

1361392971.jpg

I'm ready to get started as soon as I get more components...

BigD_in_FL

Then you need to be concerned about having a fluorescent light as they affect digital scales and can result in false readings - one reason I have used a balance beam for 35 years - mine is very accurate

Then you need to be concerned about having a fluorescent light as they affect digital scales and can result in false readings - one reason I have used a balance beam for 35 years - mine is very accurate

Interesting. Just to check, I calibrated my scale without any lights on, then weighed the check weight. Then turned the scale off and turned on the light and then the scale and weighed the check weight again. Then with scale still on, turned light off and re-weighed. Still with scale on I turned the light off and re-weighed again.

All variations of light on/off, the scale produced the exact same weight...

Have you experienced this interference on a digital scale?
Anyone else experienced this?

g.willikers

Very nice.
And larger than mine, too.
Also home made.
Good job.
It's plenty large.
The previous one I made was very large and had to be left behind when we moved. :(
No way to get it out of the basement without tearing it all apart.
Now, I make them small and if more room is needed, I'll add another small one.
Not going to leave it behind if we ever move again.

Vance

Good job on the bench. Some digital scales are affected by fluorescent lights. Not all of them are though. It can also depend on the distance it is from the light also. As long as you tested it where you plan to use the scale, you should be alright.

Fire_Moose

I'm of the mindset that yer scale should be somewhere that is not vibrating around while working the press. Ie; seperate table

Thanks everyone!

Moose, I hadn't thought about the vibrations from working the press messing with the scale. Maybe I'll keep it on the bookshelf that's on the opposite wall from the bench. I won't be using the press and the scale simultaneously, so should just be able to sit it in the bench when weighing my charges every 5th-10th charge...

shootniron

Interesting. Just to check, I calibrated my scale without any lights on, then weighed the check weight. Then turned the scale off and turned on the light and then the scale and weighed the check weight again. Then with scale still on, turned light off and re-weighed. Still with scale on I turned the light off and re-weighed again.

My have always produced the same result...

jj320

I thought the only time floresent lights would cause a problem if the scale was plugged into the same power strip. also nice bench

higgite

Quote:

My have always produced the same result...

x3. Same results here... no problem with fluorescent light.

As for vibration from operating the press, I don't see that being a problem unless you operate the press and read the scale at the same time. I've never had the need to do that but ymmv.