Building on a Para difficult?

jetsfan

Hi guys I am needing some advice. I have been wanting to do a little customizing on my own and to get to know the inner workings of the 1911 pistol a little better. Currently I have a Para P-12 I don't shoot often so I thought I would start there rather than buying a new one to just tear in to. What I need to know is how much difficulty I will have working on the Para over say a 5 inch single stack model? Also, is there a large variety of parts that will fit on the Para's? Maybe a specific lineup for them exclusively? Any info would be great.

Thanks

Don P

Para Goodies

The double stack Paras grips will be the hardest to come by:mad:. No one realy making the grips with the little tab that covers the opening in the frame:confused:. At least none that impressed me enough to by a pair. Most other parts will be interchangeable with 1911 parts. What in particular are you looking to do to the pistol:eek:. I have a P12-45 Limited and there was not much to be done to it, ambi safeties, beaver tail grip safety.:cool:

jetsfan

Yes the new safeties for dress up and reliablility. Also trigger and hammer probably. It has had a few malfunctions as of late which is its first time so I figured I would just go through and overhaul it as I have always wanted to try "building up" a 1911. Mostly just a new hobby for me and I want it to be functional and nice when I'm done.