Building a Glock

CLC

Im wondering how easy is it to build a Glock? As easy as a AR? My plan for awhile now is to build a LWD longslide and im just wanting to know how difficult it is. I remember a thread last year some time and a gentleman said if he could go back he wouldnt have done his longslide 10mm. Is this the consensus?

GlockedNLoded32

glocks are simple all you have to do is buy the lower the upper either ported or non ported same with the barrel and the buy the rest of the components you want to go with its just like if you completely disassemble a regular glock and put it back together glocks are simple you can do it just take your time and buy a glocksmith mat

iamdb

It's pretty easy. Just take a squat in your hand and insert a magazine. I'm just kidding. Glock is a super simple design. Probably has the most aftermarket parts o9f any gun, next to a 1911. You should be able to buy the components you need to custom fit your Glock. Or were you thinking of machining your own? Which would be one of the easiest designs to copy as well.

CLC

Well I like the idea of a Glock 45acp/super or 10mm longslide. LWD doesn't sell complete slides so I would have to build one. I'm just wondering if its more trouble than worth and I don't have the skill to do a similar 1911.

iamdb

More trouble than its worth if your not a skilled machinest or have unlimited money to throw at the problem.

Hammerhead

More trouble than its worth if your not a skilled machinest or have unlimited money to throw at the problem.

I don't think he means making the parts from scratch.

Glocks are the ultimate 'plug and play' handgun. No fitting, no honing, just assemble, test the safety functions and go.

Are you going to use a Glock frame or one of the aluminum ones?

C0untZer0

MDW Guns is importing the Impulse Gun Barrels again

There's not much to the slide, LWD sells the 20LS you just have to put the guts in it.

You need a backplate, striker - striker spring, sleeve and spring cups, recoil spring assembly, firing pin safety & spring, extractor, depressor plunger, bearing and spring, and a barrel and sights.

You can get a 10" barrel for the G20 from MDW Guns:

http://mdwguns.com/IGB.html

it sounds like a lot but it's not when you detail strip it most of that stuff stays together . You have your RSA, extractor, barrel, striker assembly, plunger, firing pin safety and backplate.

I was going to do all this stuff to a G34 but then Glock made a batch of 17L pistols so I just bought the 17L.

I'm still going to put a longer barrel in though...

iamdb

I thought you were talking about making one from scratch. It can be easily done with ar15 receivers, as machining blue prints are available for free. I haven't seen glock blueprints floating around.

If your talking about just switching out the guts, than it can be done it the matter of minutes.