Building a ar-15 from kit

rapier144

If you order a ar-15 kit plus a stripped lower receiver do you have to ship it to a dealer and then go through the back ground check. I ask this because if i do i'll just have him order it. Also where can you get the assembly instructions for it. i won't have a problem with mechanics of it just the order they go together.

hayeh

Yes, if it's anormal, serial-numbered lower.

No, if it's an 80% finished lower, available from KT Ordnance. Go to their website, see what's involved in "finishing' on of their $160 lowers. If I were you, I'd stamp a name and a serial number on it. Doing so is perfectly legal, and will probably prevent you some hassles, somewhere down the road. If you finish such a lower, you cannot legally sell, trade, or give it away to anyone, but you could do so with the other AR parts.

Minator

if u want to build from scratch try ametec for quality parts and low price if u want a complete guide to build one go to bushmaster and order the video / dvd in my opinion and experience bushmaster has the best parts and barrels even the us military noticed when they ordered units from them when colt couldnt complete order the only reason i dont say colt is the best is because they dont like the civilian market and have terrible customer service and its better to build from peices not kits because sometimes its cheaper and like i wanted an ergo grip on my ar
closeupergogrip.jpg

but buying th entire lower kit cost more when i got the peices and the grip i wanted for less than i would buying the kit and the grip but try
[link]www.bushmaster.com[/link] for everything you will need and in answer to your original question u haft to get the stripped lower from ffl but its cheaper to order other stuff yourself and according to the atf its illegal to buy or sell a completely blank lower (with no serials) but a stripped lower from ametec or bushy should already have serials ive never seen any made without , and not to start an argument but u can sale or trade a complete lower as long as u have paperwork and its not to a person with a felony