buggered mold fix

Rangefinder

Got a couple buggered up molds in a trade for the purpose of "project molds". Both had really bad tooling chatter marks--.429 SWC and a .358 SWC. I lapped out the .358 to polish the chatter out, and bored one cavity for a HP pin. And here are the results now that I'm done playing! Hope they shoot as well as they look;)

357HPjpg.jpg

Edit: :p got so anxious to photo and post results that I didn't run back through and set my crimp!!:eek: Thought something didn't look right when I looked at my photo... Fixed now though... :D

Last edited:

GP100man

Good lookin bullets ya got there !!!!!!

Is that a Lyman 358477 ??? If it is how much does the HP weigh dressed & ready to ride ???

I like the extra angle on the cavity , it should open nicely even at 38special velocitys !!!!

Rangefinder

It's a Lee 158gr SWC. The HP is pinned deep and comes in at an even 140gr. when it's all said and done.

The extra angle in the cavity was an accident. When I turned out the pin, I polished it just a touch too small where it meets the nose. Ended up with a little fin around the pin hole, so I gave it a little twist with my deburing tool to dress it up. That little angle was the positive side effect.

Last edited: