Buffy, the Vampire Slayer

nralife

From a recent NRA Fax Alert

BUFFY DOESN'T BLAME GUNS

Showing honesty and common sense that is far too rare among NRA's critics in Hollywood, actress Sarah Michelle Gellar, star of the hit TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer of the Warner Brothers Network, refused to blame firearms for the tragedy at Columbine High School in April of this year.

In an interview published in the October 1999 issue of Teen People, Ms. Gellar, whom the magazine described as "the WB's hottest star," admits she "grew up around guns." She also said that she was taught not to touch them as a child.

At the same time, she admits that it is impossible to fully comprehend what can lead to this sort of tragedy.

Ms. Gellar may draw fire from the anti-gun crowd for her comments, so please take the time to thank Ms. Gellar for her courage. She can be contacted through the official website of Buffy the Vampire Slayer at http://www.buffy.com, or by writing to her c/o Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505.

Click on the link below to see a pic of Buffy...
http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=12204&messageid=937597815

Joe

[This message has been edited by nralife (edited September 20, 1999).]

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
She is pretty and well known.
But I doubt I would make her a RKBA poster girl.
Being a pawn of the media her opinions can change like the wind.
Can she articulate the true value of freedom?
Can she explain what really happened at Columbine?
Can she tell us what is going on in Washington?
Can she make Fish Tacos?

I didn't think so.

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

bookkie

George:

What you described is almost impossible to find... I have only heard of one woman who fits that description. So having said that... I hereby nominate DC for the offical RKBA poster girl. Or maybe even better yet Spokesperson. There are very few who can express themselves as well... Bellmore, Bateman are just a couple others that I can think of. O if we only had a few more.

Richard

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Are you kidding? I'd no more go up against DC verbally than sleep with Sarah Brady.

(Good Lord! Now there's an ugly thought! :( )

Mike in VA

Dennis, although I have no place to comment on your extracurricular activities, I would, however, go so far as to suggest that you at least stay within your own species. Makin' bacon with Sarah is an affront to nature (at least in Oklahoma, if not Texas) and is illegal in most northern states :) :) :)
M2

So, when she's buried and forgotten, will the worms pass her up?

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt