Buffalo Bill 30-30 comemerative Winchester

458winshooter

Saw one of these in a pawnshop the other day and just wondered what a fair price for it is?What year did they make it ?It looks to have a 26 in otagon barrel on it and it is not a wall hanger some marks and dings from a trip or two in the woods but still very nice.

Old Stony

The value at this point is only as a shooter. Once it is taken out of the box and used, any commerative value it might of had is lost. I would figure one in nice used condition in the 300/400 range.

Pahoo

They are pretty !!!

Two years ago, I sold a carbine for $400.00 and last year, the rifle for $450.00. Also, keep in mind that the box and papers, add to the value. .... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

mavracer

I would figure one in nice used condition in the 300/400 range.
You must have been out of the market for a while, I haven't seen a 94 for 300 in a while even the ones dragged behind the truck.
Most Winchester collector series guns were done at the maximum number of 19,999 so most like that one aren't rare and even NIB don't bring huge $$$ but they are nicely done and usually have better than average fit and finish and bring money toward the higher end of what a nice plain standard will. IMHO 500-550 would be pretty fair maybe a touch more with a box.

bamaranger

phrase

"Nobody can out commemorate Wincherster". That's a quote from an old article I have in Shooters Bible I think, that listed all the Commortive M94's up till that date.....and there were a bunch.

A 26" M94 would appeal to me cause I could likely still see the front sight, and with some type of tang or peep, could still hunt the thing.

You're right about M94 prices....through the roof.

Ifishsum

I've got a BB carbine myself, I picked it up for $350 last year and felt I did alright, great condition and didn't appear to have been fired much. I really like the octagon barrel and it shoots very well with both cast and jacketed bullets. Wouldn't mind having a rifle version myself.

As was stated, do not pay any premium for it as a commemorative, even with box/papers. If it's been carried and fired, it's a shooter no more, no less. But in nice condition you don't see 94s these days for less than $350-$400

458winshooter

30wcf BB

Thank you for your responses at $699 I thought he was still asking the premium price.As I now recall they had the set NIB for $1200 a few years ago.Think I will just have to let this one slide.

Ibmikey

The Buffalo Bill series was one of the most heavily produced of all the commemoratives and mostly sold under retail when new because of that fact. A good shooter but collectable? Not much even if new in the box compared to other limited run Win commeratives (If i remember correctly there were about 115,000 manufactured).

T. O'Heir

For all things Winchester Commemorative go here.
http://winchestercollector.org/winchester-commemoratives/
It says the Buffalo Bill was 1968's edition(112,923 made). No values except original selling price are given. $129.95 was an astronomical price in 1968.
Commemoratives have little or no collector interest or value. No collector value at all unless it's still in the original sealed box and you can find somebody who wants it. Otherwise, they're worth the same as any other Win 94.
"...The Buffalo Bill series was one of the most heavily produced of all the commemoratives..." The most produced.

Jack O'Conner

My hunting buddy has a Theodore Roosevelt rifle that appears much like the model 64 Winchester. He mounted a receiver sight and it shoots quite well with groups averaging 2 - 3 inches at 100 yards. It's a very handsome rifle and it doesn't matter to him if the box and papers were long ago lost in the shuffles of life. This rifle is a keeper!

Jack

Ibmikey

Many of the commemoratives are great shooters because of long heavy octagon barrels and nice buckhorn sights, i would rather shoot one than have it locked in a corner of the safe hoping some one will get a good price after i am gone.