Bud's Has S&W Model 10's With 3" Barrels For $299

Joe_Pike

These are square butt wheelguns, but they have the ever popular 3" barrel that everyone loves on the K-frames. They are also pinned. They are police trade-ins. I would probably consider one but I already have a 13 and a 65 with 3" barrels.

Joe_Pike

I believe it means that the model 10 was never submitted for testing to the powers that be in Kalifornia to make sure it is safe.

carguychris

Mike,

AFAIK Bud's gets these from some LE agency in Australia, and the thingy on the sideplate is some sort of electronic ID tag.

I have no idea if it's easily removable.

BTW y'all shouldn't taunt me with deals like this when my cookie jar is empty. :(

roc1

I bought one it was a piece of junk.They did refund my money so that was good. They treated me fair but was very disappointed but found a lot better and older gun in my local gunshop/pawn shop for a lot better deal. Sad part I ordered two guns same time one for me and one for buddy his was good mine was junk. You think going together both would have been either good or bad.
roc1

Don P

Mike that mark on the side plate looks like one of the new fangled codes for them scanners. Just a thought and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have another model 10 in the safe. What does define junk:confused:

carguychris

Will these 3" handle +P?
Yes. A steady diet of them. For years. Without a hiccup. They're tough. :D

S&W says that all model-numbered (i.e. 1957 and later) .38Spl all-steel K frames can handle +P with no reservations. Almost all 3" guns are 1970s and later production and they all have steel frames, so you're good to go.

Mandatory Disclaimer: .38Spl+P+ should not be fired in any .38Spl K frame S&W revolver, or pretty much any other medium-frame .38 for that matter. Some +P+ ammo is loaded close to .357Mag pressures and is only safe in a .357Mag revolver or a large-frame .38Spl gun such as a S&W .38/44 or a Colt New Service.

roc1

I am sorry for not explaining better. The one I got was rusty on barrel and sideplates not just a small amount but quite a bit. It had several several scratches and hardly any blue on it at all. I told them this was a 60-70% gun at best and they did refund my money.
Roc1