Buckmark Holo Sight Placement

happymachinist

So I finally decided on a Burris Fast Fire III for my Buckmark. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to mounting the sight further forward or back?

Does it matter? I can't tell a difference inside the house and have no experience with a holo sight. As of yet it's figer tight and I'm just picking random targets out the window.

My only requirement is I want to be able to access the scope base screws for cleaning. Any input would be appriciated.

2ejaqave.jpg

BillyJack3

It's personal preference and whatever works for you. I tried one on my Buckmark but it was more difficult to initially find the dot than it was for me to line up standard sights so I went back. Probably more of a training/muscle memory issue on my part so maybe I'll try again in the future.

NoSecondBest

FYI....the Burris FF3 is not a holographic sight. It's a reflex sight. Put it where every you want, it won't make any difference. As stated above, you'll find the reticle a lot easier with a tube reflex than this type of sight. I have two FF3's and for acquisition of the dot in a speed contest, the tube will win every time. The advantage of the Burris FF3 is size and weight if there is a need or a consideration for weight reduction. I actually have one of the FF3's on a Win 1886 45-70 mounted on a Turnbull mount. The other is on a Ruger SBH 44mag. It's a lot easier to find on the rifle than on the handgun. I own at least twenty dot sights and have been using them for years in both hunting and competition. The Burris is a good sight for the money.

happymachinist

Good info guys. I will be sure to refer to it as a reflex sight from here on out ;)

It's just for fun mostly, I'm not going to compete I just liked the looks and size of the smaller reflex sights than the larger red dots.

I could see me using it on a lever action or as an aux sight down the road if I decide I don't like it.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using auto correct.

Dashunde

From what I can tell with my Buckmark/FF combination is that the closer my eye is to the sight the sharper the dot is.

Once in awhile I shoot leftover clay on the 100 yard lane, I get in as close as I can without getting punched in the cheek by the slide.