Browning's New 1911-22

mj30wilson

I just shot this gun and it is really cool and accurate. It is a commander size 1911 and has a single stack dimensions and 10 round magazine. The retail price is around the $500 range and is worth every dime. Wood grips make the gun look tasteful. The only draw back to the gun that I can see is that the groove that the slide lock pushes up into to stop the slide from advancing forward will really eat your thumb. The aluminum gun is weighted properly and I experienced no malfunctions of any kind through 100 rounds. All ejections landed within a 4 foot circle. Accuracy rested was 10 shots under an inch with cci green label. I could not be more happy with this gun and plan to order one when they are unveiled at the shot show this year.

drail

The slide would have to be made of aluminum simply because a .22 rimfire does not produce enough energy to cycle a steel slide. (unless it is cut away like the Marvel unit) The frame could be steel, aluminum or polymer. Aluminum could be cast at a lower cost than a forged machined steel piece.