Browning

ammo.crafter

I have a WW II Browning Hi-Power circa 1942 made in Belgium. The magazine is a bit sticky and does not drop out smoothly from the grip.
I've cleaned everything very well but still have the problem.
Any ideas?
:confused:

Sevens

...There's the obvious one: Buy a new magazine.

You can keep the original, as it's historical, just like the pistol. But buy four or five quality new ones and you probably won't have any sticking.

AK103K

I believe as long as the mag safety is in the gun, they are not going to drop free. None of my High Powers mags ever did.

HorseSoldier

+1 what AK103 said -- the mag safety interferes with the mag dropping. Solutions are either to remove the mag safety (which will also improve the trigger) are to get some of the new(ish) "Mousetrap" mags from FN that have a small spring loaded lever in the base of the mag to help the magazine out of the mag well.

Bart Noir

Some HPs will drop a magazine freely even with the trigger disconnect left in. I've had a couple that would.

And somtimes there is more than that causing the mag to stay in. One of mine has a spring (sear spring, I think it is) that is curved more than normal. Since this is at the back of the magazine well, it now presses on the magazines and holds them in, even though I removed the trigger disconnect.

Bart Noir