browning XS skeet part two

eastbank

i received the browning XS skeet and found it came with the forend marked up a little when it moved in the browning gun case, i called the seller and e-mailed him pictures and he and i agreed on a reduction in the selling price that was accecptable by both. last night i shot two rounds of trap with it useing 7/8 oz #7.5, the first round i shot a 19 and on the second round i shot a 21. i like the shotgun and am looking forward to useing it at sporting clays later this month. i have a few flats of federal 20ga 7/8 oz#8,s i will try it at trap this sunday to get used to it. i did move the comb up to raise the poi for trap and will see how it shoots at sporting clay and maybe adjust it to shoot a little flatter. over all i am more than satisfied with this browning and think it lives up to the browning reputation. eastbank.

eastbank

with four rounds of trap thru the XS skeet 19,21,20,20 with 7/8 oz #7.5, i will shoot a few more rounds at trap useing 7/8 oz #8 to see if it makes a difference and i think i will have to raise the comb a little more for trap. i find it harder -lower scores with the 20ga, the best i have ever done before with a 20ga(browning bbs sporter) was 23-25. i got the xs skeet for sporting clays so i am trying to get used to the lighter weight. so with about 110 rounds fired so far there have not been any problems at all with rem-fed factory shells. eastbank.

BigJimP

You can add a pound to it easily ....go to a golf store ...and get a package of "lead golf club tape"....

and put 8 oz under the forend..( maybe between the barrels )..../ and put 8 oz inside the stock ( in the hole bored for the stock bolt ).

Put a piece of tape on side of receiver ....and mark the balance point of the gun .../ then after you locate the 8 oz inside the forened ...and 8 oz inside the stock ....make sure you did not move the balance point ...by moving the positioning of the weight under forend and inside stock...

( I prefer my XS Skeet models in 20ga, 28ga and .410 ...right at 8.5 lbs like the 12ga version )...all with 30" barrels...