Browning X-Bolt!!!

rahtreelimbs

Got this from Brownings newletter called E-BLAST.

See this............

Feather Trigger System
Bolt Unlock Button
X-Lock Scope Mounting System
Inflex Technology Recoil Pad
Available in most popular long and short action calibers including WSM
The sleek new Browning X-Bolt takes bolt-action centerfire rifle performance to a whole new level.

At the heart of the X-Bolt is the innovative, all-new Feather Trigger System™, a three-lever design that offers a crisp, clean pull with no take-up, or creep and minimal overtravel. Fully adjustable and factory pre-set at just 3-1/2 pounds, the Feather Trigger features precise, hard chromed steel components contained in a durable alloy housing. Unlike competitors' triggers with secondary fingerpiece levers, the Feather Trigger is designed right, feels right and stays right year after year.

The new X-Bolt also offers a unique unlock button on the bolt handle that allows you to remove a cartridge from the chamber while the top-tang safety remains in the on-safe position. A new detachable, rotary-design polymer magazine offers reliable feeding as each cartridge moves into perfectly centered alignment with the chamber.

The X-Bolt features the new X-Lock™ scope mounting system, offering four screws per scope base instead of the more typical two screws for more accurate base alignment and twice the holding power.

The X-Bolt still has all the great features you've come to expect on a Browning rifle, like a fast 60-degree bolt lift, a premium-quality, free floating, air-gauged barrel with recessed target crown, a receiver that's glass bedded front and rear and a comfortable Inflex Technology recoil pad.

If you want the latest in bolt-action rifle technology, combined with modern styling and the incredible right out of the box custom rifle accuracy that make Browning rifles the standard of performance the world over, check out the new Browning X-Bolt.

Click here to learn more about the new Browning X-Bolt and view all the specs.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/eb_new.asp?value=023b

Yithian

Not bad!
And the suggested retail ofr a Hunter is still under $800.
Magnums for under $850.

Sounds like I'm not gonna buy that A-Bolt after all.

Cilckie for the biggie pic.

Jseime

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

That sounds like one snazzy rifle to me... there had better be some lefty versions available. I better cruise on over to Browning North America and check it out.

FirstFreedom

Lemme guess...it has a plastic trigger guard too, in addition to the plastic magazine. Sorry; I'm just so cynical about manufacturers hyping up a cheapened product and pushing it on the public. What a racket - use cheaper materials, and charge MORE money - what's not to like on that balance sheet? Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical; maybe it'll be the bee's knees; it does look sharp.

Scorch

FF-
You're being too cynical. It's not plastic, it's space age high tech nanoparticle composite material. It's not an aluminum casting, it's low-mass high strength coefficient molded aerospace structural material. It's not cheapened and the price increased, it's manufactured to the highest efficiency standards by computerized machinery and priced to place its value firmly among the finest rifles made using the same technology. It's not hype, it's . . . uh, it's . . . yeah, it's . . . OK, you're right, it's hype. What I find absolutely amazing is how much this rifle looks almost exactly like the A-Bolt, but I'm obviously mistaken, because it's The X-Bolt!!!!!(echo effects, smoke machines, fireworks, etc).

Last edited:

Yithian

Yea, you guys go and spend just as much on a wood Remington with twin lugs, lack of glass bedding, lack of a box magazine, lacking an adjustable trigger by you at home.

Or better yet, go spend just as much on a Thompson Center with no magazine, and no way of freefloating the barrel.

Those guns are real nice and have no plastic in them. (LOL)

A CZ is the only mass manufacturer that doesn't use plastic, in this price range.

Actually, go ahead and list me other manufacturers that are better in this price range. I need to be schooled.
Maybe, I'm lacking the knowledge.

I know of Ruger's. Those have a history of rolling the dice on "accuracy"/"precision"/making-tight-groups.

Yithian

Yea, X.

I've noticed that many manufacturers don't make a .223/5.56 anymore.
I wonder if it's because of all the semiautos on the market?
Maybe kinda like, "Why buy a bolt, when you can get a semi?"
Not enough call for them to retool for it?

Picher

Lately, it seems that Browning's designers are making some weird angles and "hokey" styles, seemingly not for better handling or use, but to attract attention and sell guns.

The term, "Form follows function" seems to have become lost in the hype to make guns appear different.

Maybe I'm just too "seasoned" to appreciate the changes.

Picher

BlkHawk73

Let's see...Savage brings out thier Acu-Trigger. They update that and are followed by Ruger's new trigger in thier Hawkeye rifle line. Now just after it's anniounced the Winchester Model 70 will be back in production browning show this off. Next...?
I'm unimpressed a little but I guess they had to follow suit to remain competitive.

FirstFreedom

You're being too cynical. It's not plastic, it's space age high tech nanoparticle composite material. It's not an aluminum casting, it's low-mass high strength coefficient molded aerospace structural material. It's not cheapened and the price increased, it's manufactured to the highest efficiency standards by computerized machinery and priced to place its value firmly among the finest rifles made using the same technology. It's not hype, it's . . . uh, it's . . . yeah, it's . . . OK, you're right, it's hype. What I find absolutely amazing is how much this rifle looks almost exactly like the A-Bolt, but I'm obviously mistaken, because it's The X-Bolt!!!!!(echo effects, smoke machines, fireworks, etc).

Oh yeah, sorry, Scorch, my bad...

I don't mind the weird angles - I kind of like the looks and don't think it would interfere with function. What I don't like is PLASTIC on an expensive gun, or any gun for that matter. In my experience plastic breaks far sooner and more often than aluminum, and obviously more than steel. And I'm not convinced wonder space age polymers are any better, but maybe they are; dunno. Again, I'm cynical..

In any event, the trend towards good triggers from all manufacturers is a *good thing*. :)

Mike50

One thing for sure. I won't be buying one of these. Ever.

The latest styling of this and the Browning and Winchester autos are definitely catering to the 20 somethings. I guess it is good. Attract them into the shooting world. I wish them the best.

Guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy. Of course, the Weatherby's were radical, sold a lot of rifles, and still have a place.

Classic rifle lines, though, are art. They are timeless. Sometimes you have to get "older" to appreciate the difference between fad and good taste.

Some of the lines on this rifle are tasteless and will look ridiculous after a few years.

As far as the use of plastic? Plastic on guns = always bad. Always. Guns are made for long life. Plastic doesn't have it. Metal and wood parts can be remade by any gunsmith in the future. Plastic parts, once obsolete, will be difficult to build from scratch in a gunsmith's shop.

This gun is a sad regression for Browing in my opinion.

rahtreelimbs

Looks like Browning is taking cues from the Thompson Center Icon!!!

035208m.jpg

5506.jpg

Burt

New Browning X Bolt owner need advice from previous owners

New Browning X Bolt owner need advice from previous owners. So I just ordered an X Bolt in 30-06. Have not received it yet but coming soon. I got it for deer hunting and target practice at the 100 yard range.

I got it in walnut stock 22 Inch barrel 30-06 for $660 out the door so not sure
if thats a good/average price for this rifle.

How do you guys like it so far and any issues advice etc?

This will be my first Browning rifle and a first 30-06. I own a 308 Marlin Xs7y
and its a decent rifle for the money($330 otd)

What do you guys think?