Browning to stop non-LEO/Mil handgun sales...?

Mendocino

I heard a piece on Ken Hamblin's radio show today that Browning has deceided to stop selling handguns to non-LEOs/Military. Can anyone substantiate this?

------------------
It is far better to dare mighty things, though riddled with failure, than to live in the dull grey of mediocrity.

Will Beararms

They have begun the early stages is discontinuing civilian sales per a major FFL in the Southwest. Granted, the Hi-Power was and is a great weapan, but it has not kept up with technology. It's demise is due in part to lack of demand and due to Browning's concerns over litigation. Those same civilians who made Browning what it is today will suffer. I will never buy another Browning product again, nor will one be allowed in my household in any size shape form or fashion. The same holds true for Colt. To those who say it's the fault of lawyers and the court and not Browning or Colt;I say excluding the public but including the government emodies the core of facism going against all this Constitutional Republic stands for. Additionally, Colt and Browning have made it harder for the rest of the Industry to hold the line of defense. Quite frankly, we should be smelting them down for scrap iron.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."