Browning Nomad Needs Good Home

stevelyn

At a secret undisclosed location in SE Alaska where I'm TDY at the moment, I found an orphaned Browning Nomad .22 pistol that wants to follow me home. The bluing is 95% or better with only a little holster wear on both sides of the barrel near the muzzle and no rust or dings. A bore light didn't reveal any barrel problems, in fact it looks new. It dosen't appear to have been shot or carried much, and there's little wear on the slide rails. It has a weird adjustable rear and target front sight. It has the original black plastic grips with sharp, fine checkering and the old "Browning logo imprinted on them, frame mounted safety and recessed heel magazine release.
Other than being in need of a good cleaning (looks like it lived in a closet or drawer most of it's life) it appears to be in very good shape. Adoption fee is $ 185.00.
Oh Yeah............uhh......Did I mention it was made in Belgium? :D

Questions:

1) Can anyone tell me a little about this pistol? Good, bad, ugly, indifferent?

2) Is the asking price fair?

3) It only has one ten round magazine. Are a couple of spare mags going to be as scarce as unicorns and cost as much?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve

Handy

These were apparently really nice guns made of premium steels. The current Buckmark is based on the same design, but I couldn't tell you if the mags are the same. Try a search for Nomad magazines.

That's a good price.

tulsamal

My grandfather had one of those. I was allowed to carry it around the farm and pond when we went down to their rural house. I loved that gun and learned a lot about handgun shooting with it. Sharp sights and a decent trigger. Grandpa died and now an uncle has the gun and I'll probably never see it again. I keep hoping to run across one gathering dust in a pawnshop someday! But it, you'll like it!

Gregg