Browning Hi Power Q's

SCDeac82

Hi Everyone:

Saw a Browning Hi Power today in a local shop- used.

It was in pretty nice condition with blued finish.

Said on Slide: "Made in Belgium Assembled in Portugal"

Priced @ $799.00

Sound like a decent value?

Thanks.

JB

rigby06

Browning Hi Power

The Browning-Hi Power is a great gun, very thin through the slide, shoots well relatively easy to conceal, $799 at current prices is not bad. Of course we would like to see them 200 dollars cheaper, but there not easy to find at that price.

Amin Parker

An S Class Mercedes Benz, a house on the beach, a Rolex, Cohiba and Browning High Power.

The finer things for those who know the difference. They cost more because you need to earn it.

Sevens

Wow, you just took my opinion of the Hi-Power down a notch. One moment I'm thinking about a fine pistol, the next image is of some pretentious ass that might outfit his armed guards with sufficient firepower, but can't be bothered to load his own magazines because he's busy clipping the end off his fat, smelly stogies. :p

Kidding, of course.

HorseSoldier

You should at least look at putting better sights on it. Much as I love HPs, the factory sights have needed upgrading for a couple decades. The other major mod I've had done to mine is the C&S improved safety -- much more positive on/off. (Plus a ring hammer and stipling on the front and back straps.)

Well...I like the sights :( lol really...Well...I'm unknowledgeable in the mods to the hi-power only...Maybe since it was a hand me down from pops / trade it has that, sentimental value? I don't know, amazing gun though. Not cheap, it's the most expensive gun I have.

HorseSoldier

The mods I made to mine were mostly an internal tune up, plus the sights, safety, hammer, and stipling.

HighPowerMkIIIS.jpg

Maybe since it was a hand me down from pops / trade it has that, sentimental value?

I wouldn't mess with it in that case. Out of the box, they get the job done.

O_O

But I love what you did to yours though..the safety NEEDS that and the slide release too... here's mine
IMG00015-20101217-1031.jpg

Btw, why have I seen some hi-powers with my hammer and others with yours?

rigby06

rounded hammer

I prefer the rounded hammer, I also prefer a beaver tail in the 1911, the regular hammer without a beaver tail sometimes will wind up biting my hand, where the ones with a beaver tail don't. But otherwise I love a Browning-HI power :D

MLeake

I have a MkII at Novak now, getting the Classic Custom treatment plus beavertail. Don't expect it back until March... Talk about anticipation.