Browning Hi Power Pic Thread

WVsig

Since the BHP has been discontinued by FN and Browning will not be brining in any more into the country I thought it might be interesting to see what BHPs people already own instead of just lamenting the end of their production. I will start.

Garthwaite Custom MKIII

3JXi5Mu.gif

C Series Custom from Wild West Guns

NiXPs1l.gif

Custom Lightweight Alloy Customized by Don Williams

9GhTKLJ.gif

T Series custom by AP Cogan

uPoMyox.gif

MK II 1/2 Israeli Surplus

7V2ui8m.gif

C series Custom with Bomar Adjustable Sight (Gunsmith Unknown)

GJAcWlz.jpg

WVsig

MKIII Practical with fixed sights

0lPzUXm.gif

Pre T series Internal Extractor BHP

fTcM0p2.gif

Chrome MKII with adjustable sight w/ Gold Trigger

ZCa97hW.gif

rock185

Oh Great! I let all but three get away from me, and NOW they're being discontinued;)

Attachments

• Hi Powers.JPG
    Hi Powers.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 809

WVsig

Oh Great! I let all but three get away from me, and NOW they're being discontinued;)
attachment.php

Nice guns better than 2016-2017 production IMHO.

Looks like a Competition Model, T or early C series and then a MKIII.

Grips look like Nills then factory wood and then Spegel.

jonnyc

I love my Hi-Powers, but might take me a while to get them all together for a phto shoot!
Cast MkIII, Forged MkII.5, Inglis, Indian, Kareen, Argy licensed, Argy post-license, Argy FM90.

highpower3006

Mine was an EDC gun for many years and looks like it.

"C" series, made in '69. I pulled the Pachmayrs off and put the original grip panels back on.
IMG_2624-L.jpg

IMG_2621-L.jpg

blchandl2

Here is my one and only BHP. Mid 80's Belgian manufacture picked up at a gun show for $525. Been thinking of picking up a surplus model but procrastination got the best of me.

Attachments

• 0722171040a_resized (1).jpg
    0722171040a_resized (1).jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 51

jonnyc

@ Bartholomew:
What's the problem with your 40,000 rounder? What reliability issues are you experiencing?

Parts just keep breaking to the extent I don't trust it for carry anymore - ejector, recoil spring guide, slide stop, firing pin retaining plate, extractors, barrel lug, even a grip screw.

It also had a longstanding issue with failure to extract. I sent it out to gunsmiths to fix. Had the extractor tensioned. Replaced two extractors. Replaced the extractor spring numerous times, etc. Every once in awhile I'd think I had it fixed and the problem would return. I finally cleaned the barrel very aggressively and the problem hasn't returned yet; but it also hasn't seen a thousand rounds since then either.

DPris

Member Emeritus
No- ALL FN Hi-Power production has ceased.
See the Browning Hi-Power thread on the subject.
The website is irrelevant.
Denis