Browning Hi-Power MK III cost

Red_Eagle

The dealer in town has a used Hi Power that looks like it has barely 100 rds thru it. One scratch near the safety. Plastic grips and one 10 rd magazine. They're asking $699. Does that seem reasonable?

DasGuy

The last gun show I went to(a couple months ago), they were selling in the mid 700's NIB. They'd take $700 cash down.

UZO

Depends on the 'convenience factor' and the condition of the pistola!!
CDNN is selling them NIB for $699 (Commemorative w/ Black grips and TWO 13-rnd mags)... but then factor in FFL fees, any taxes, shipping, etc...
If the gun is in LNIB condition, you're doing OK!... 13-rnd MecGars are about $23 ea...
As DasGuy inferred, NEGOTIATE!!... offer him $650 and have him throw in another mag!... All he can say is 'NO'

Red_Eagle

I picked it up today for $650. Traded him a set of Lee 38 spcl dies and the old furinture off my AR-15. It looks brand new almost, but was made some time in 1995. I took the magazine disconnect out. Then I read some of the old posts on here about possible legal ramifications and put it back in. After I polished the plunger a little bit with some 4000 grit sand paper. Trigger still seems pretty crisp.

WVsig

40 S&Ws are worth less than the 9mm. They have never sold well because the design/feel of the gun is fundamentally changed in the 40 S&W.

Used BHPs in 9mmm should be $450 to $600 depending on configuration, condition and local market.

Bart Noir

The design is not really changed, going from 9mm to 10mmShort (meaning the .40 S&W).

The slide gets wider and heavier but there really isn't much difference otherwise.

But I agree that the feel is not as good. Too top-heavy to me, at least. That is why I sold my .40 BHP. But love the 9mm BHP.

Bart Noir