Browning Hi-Power help needed

GojuBrian

I need a new barrel for a belgium browning hi-power. Any siggestions would be helpful on where to purchase.

thanks.

BikerRN

Google EFK Firedragon.

While I have not personally used any of their barrels someone I trust had one of their barrels to convert his P35 from a .40 to a .357 Sig. He has been incredibly happy with it. He has also used their barrels in other firearms to change calibers, at least five, and as far as I know has never had a bad expirience with them.

Biker

Cliff47

maybe you can pick up one of the EFK FireDragon Dual Spring Recoil Reduction units. Makes the recoil so much more manageable.

GojuBrian

Thankyou for the replies.

Why? A friend borrowed the pistol and managed to get one stuck in the piep and then fire another round. I think that friend owes me a new barrel. :)

I vote Browning. The stock barrel for the Hi-Power is plenty nice and plenty accurate for most uses. Unless you are shooting Bullseye, I doubt you will ever notice the difference.

saltydog452

Bar-Sto BHP barrels used th have a 'hump' machined into the barrel feed ramp...don't know if they still do, or not.

The 'hump' in an aftermarket barrel like Bar-Sto may/may not affect feed reliability.

Viewing their CD regarding fitting of barrels is worthwhile for what it says and doesn't say.

Respectfully suggest visiting Sterphen A. Camp's website 'Highpowers and Handguns'. Put on a pot of coffee, relax and enjoy.

The BHP was, and is, good stuff.

salty

Quentin2

The BHP was, and is, good stuff.

+1, one of the best!

BHP's in 9mm don't have any recoil.

Well, maybe a little bit... :)

Edit:
I'd definitely do what Salty said and check out Stephen Camp's website. Great site. The humped barrel may be a disadvantage with bullet shapes other than round nose. My older "humped" HP doesn't have a problem with Federal 115gr JHP but I'd have to test other shapes. Manually feeding from the magazine it seems the hump could actually help feeding. Guess it doesn't though.

Last edited: