Browning Gold triggers...???

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Does the gold colored trigger signify anything? Os is it just a gold colored trigger???

For instance, back a few years, Mack trucks had just silver bulldog emblems... But then with the advent of turbo chargers in the industry, a gold colored bulldog signified that the truck was a turbo model while a silver dog was naturally aspirated...

Brent

BigJimP

I don't know if they're gold ...or brass...or whatever - and then just have a coat of lacquer over them to keep them from tarnishing...

Its just a marketing thing.../ I don't think it signifies anything specifically...a lot of the Browning models have had gold triggers for a long time..( I don't even know when it started )....you must be bored today, if that's what's on your mind ...??? geez....

and as a note...( since I worked for Peterbilt for 20 yrs.....I thought the Mack Bulldog was just lame...) ...:D You probably already know that old truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbilt...!

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
YEPPER!!! Bored outta my gourd...
Full blown tropically related rain day...:mad:

Can't work on my boat nor start the eradication of turtles in the ponds of a buddy;)

brent

BigJimP

Its a tough day in Seattle too....67 degrees and 52% humidity ....and clear blue skies....:D

24K gold plated......really..../ oh well.../ I didn't buy all of those Brownings for the triggers appearance anyway....but they do look nice....

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82011&d=1339792349 ....my sporting clays, skeet, 5 stand...and field guns...Citori XS Skeet models...

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38072&d=1226363017 shot this 20ga BPS yesterday ...and managed a semi respectable 92 out of 100 in Skeet...( and only forgot to pump it once all day...)...I had not shot that gun in at least 15 yrs probably .../ but my buddy challenged me to a "pump gun day"...so I had to step up ! I think the BPS 20ga was new in 1988...

Last edited:

BigD_in_FL

Nah, I still own one, but it is sitting more and more in the safe as I play with the wife's Beretta A400. I am REALLY liking this gun - it even shoots my 3/4oz reloads, is light, fast, soft recoiling, and a trigger about as bad as the Browning. :p

One of these days, when I hit the lotto, I am going to buy a P of K gun just to have a great trigger..............

BigJimP

I hope you wash after you've been playing with that Beretta....before you touch a quality product like a Browning....:D