Browning Citori Question

drdirk

A friends brand new Citori over under has what I think is an issue with the forearm. When you assembly the forarm wood it looks like a good fit but the lever will not snap into place. If you put just a little pressure on it, it will but by itself it will not. I have a cheap Mossberg over under and all I have to do is to push the forarm peace on the barrel and it "clicks" right on without any manipulation of the lever.
I am kind of new to this, but is this a problem on the Browning? Or since it is new, will it wear in? I have always been told to never push or force that lever but on this brand new Browning it just does not click into place. Any ideas of what to do?

Thanks and merry christmas!

carpfisher

I have had my Citori for more than 10 years and have fired countless thousands of rounds thru it.
I have the same sondition since the gun was new. I have put pretty good pressure on the forearm itself and then press the Locking arm in place again, wiht a good amount of pressure. I suppose the issue is that the wood is a little proud but is locks up solid and there is no sign of stree or cracking. My advice is to tell your friend to do what it takes and enjoy his new gun!
I am looking for a used Citori Trap gun abd would expect the same fit and it would stop me from buying it.

Merry Christmas

drdirk

locking ok

Thanks Carpfisher for the reply. I am sure we will be happy to know that this is ok. I have just always been told to "NEVER" put pressure on the locking pin. It does not take a lot of pressure but as I said, my Mossberg just "clicks" in place so I wanted to check with some other owners.

Merry Christmas to all.

DrDirk