Browning BXR ammo?

bshefa

I’ve been looking for this in 308 for almost 2 years now. I have a rifle that absolutely loves it and I have killed quite a few deer with it. I’m down to my last box. Does anyone know if this stuff is still being made ? Everywhere online has said out of stock forever. Cheaper than Dirt apparently had one box and it was for almost 100 dollars. They too are out of stock. I would really love to know if I need to move to something else or keep looking

reynolds357

I’ve been looking for this in 308 for almost 2 years now. I have a rifle that absolutely loves it and I have killed quite a few deer with it. I’m down to my last box. Does anyone know if this stuff is still being made ? Everywhere online has said out of stock forever. Cheaper than Dirt apparently had one box and it was for almost 100 dollars. They too are out of stock. I would really love to know if I need to move to something else or keep looking
I have not seen it in a long time.

Paul B.

If you reload, I'd look as 49.0 gr. of W740/H414 with the 165 gr. Speer Hot Core. Winchester brass and WLR primer. CAUTION, it's a max load in my book. Book said 2640 FPS, barrel length not mentioned. I get 2550 FPS from the 18.5" barrel of a Ruger M77 RSI and 2610 FPS from a 22" Winchester M70. I'm thinking you can probably work up to that level with any 165 gr. bullet. The load was specifically worked up in the RSI as it's a one trick pony. Nothing else, and I mean nothing else has worked in that rifle so I stuck with that bullet. I've had good luck with the 165 gr. Nosler Accubond bullet in the 30-06 on elk at 2880 FPS so the .308 load would work on deer and elk at 250 yards, the farthest out I've taken any animal with the .308. There are probably hotter loads with some of the newer powders but this one has been a standard for me since 1981. It just kills game very very dead.
Paul B.

bshefa

Well I never got into reloading and y’all are right it is gone from the website so probably discontinued. My rifle seems to like the Sig Elite 165 g accubond rounds as well. I guess I have to memorize a new trajectory. Thanks y’all