Browning Buckmark

thinkingman

I have a new-to-me Buckmark and never take my Rugers out anymore.

It is not totally reliable...maybe needs a good cleaning, which appears to be as much of a challenge as a Ruger is, unless a boresnake is your definition of a good cleaning.
Very accurate, good trigger.
Geometry closer to a 1911, my other fave.
Never had a 22/45, but I like my Bmark better.

COSteve

I've had my Bucky since the early nineties and it's eaten thousands and thousands of rounds. Got the Eagle rosewood grips when I got it NIB. Great fun and accurate too.

100_0677.jpg

geetarman

I have the stainless Buckmark also. I replaced the plastic top strap with a Tactical Solutions rail that is made of aluminum. I added an Itac red dot sight and the gun is everything I want in a .22.

Geetarman:D

It is a piece of junk get rid of it now before others find out you own one. I will be more then happy to take it off your hands for a small fee. I am a low life and don't worry about my reputation of owning such crap.

Joking aside it is a great gun you will be very happy with it Congrats.

Unbanded

Camper

I have that exact pistol. It's amazing. The accuracy is ridiculous. If you hold it steady, you can hit a pop can past 80 yards.

Do a search for the Hingis spring flip for buckmarks. It lightens the trigger a ridiculous amount and you can rapidfire very fast. It's safe too...I've shot probably 10,000 rounds through mine.

Great gun you have there. Enjoy.

Wishoot

Great gun. Perfect for inexpensive plinking.

I've had mine for two years and the only complaint I have is that the screws do loosen up after a hundred rounds or so. I'm thinking of doing what geetarman did and adding a new scope base.

geetarman

Wishoot,

Do yourself a favor and order your base from Brownells. It is cheaper than going through the manufacturer. I like mine so much, I ordered one for the Buckmark I gave my son. I got the first one directly from the manufacturer and paid too much for it ($95.92 delivered) and when I could not get on their web page to order a second one, I found one on Brownells and it was cheaper. ( $70.24 ) to my door).

The base has the integrated rear sight already installed. Just make sure not to use the star washers on the plastic base and DO use blue loctite on the mounting screws.

Geetarman:D

Last edited:

Wishoot

Wishoot,

Do yourself a favor and order your base from Brownells. It is cheaper than going through the manufacturer. I like mine so much, I ordered one for the Buckmark I gave my son. I got the first one directly from the manufacturer and paid too much for it ($95.92 delivered) and when I could not get on their web page to order a second one, I found one on Brownells and it was cheaper. ( $70.24 ) to my door).

The base has the integrated rear sight already installed. Just make sure not to use the star washers on the plastic base and DO use blue loctite on the mounting screws.

Geetarman

Thanks Man! I've been considering this change for too long. It's time I pulled the trigger and made the upgrade. I'll check out Brownells right now.

treg

I've had my Buckmark for 23 years now. It's killed lots of game and many a tin can. Well over 100K rounds, still reliable and accurate.

Probably haven't cleaned the bore in 10 years. On average it is shot several times a week.

DRSmith

I've put about 700 rounds through my son's Buckmark Camper. It's good. I found that Remington subsonic rounds don't have enough power to reliably cycle it.

Venom1956

MMMmmm.... Buckmark goodness. Excellent pistol, mine can compete with most .22 rifles from the bench. My .02 cents find out what type yours is and order a pile (just cheaper that way) of recoil buffers, its a little rubber piece that cushions the impact of the slide hitting the 'post' on the frame. I took my Buckmark apart for cleaning and it pretty much crumbled to dust. My guess is just from age or perhaps a cleaning chemical from its previous owner. It did suck to have it out of commission for that time waiting on a part.

highvel

I have a BuckMark Silhouette with a 2x-6x scope that is a real finish nail driver! The only work done, was lap the barrel and it tightened groups up unbelievably.
It'll out shoot a lot of good .22 rifles out to 100 yards.
I wouldnt sell or trade it for anything!:p

DSC06484 [320x200].jpg

I've had an order in for a Buck Mark Hunter with Rosewood grips since FEBRUARY of 2009. My supplier contacted me a couple of weeks ago and stated I should start looking on my own as well. I have yet to find one.

It must be a combination of the gun is that good, it's in high demand, and Browning dragging their feet in filling orders. It's only reason I can come up. My supplier is VERY well known and if he can't waterboard his rep into getting me one, then I don't think anyone else can.

Glad someone on the board found one. Congratulations.