Browning BLR 30-06

Big Pard

I have recently purchase a Browning BLR Lightning in 30-06 and was wondering what factory ammo is being used by others who have one. This is not the take-down version and has an aluminum receiver. Thanks for any information...

Buddy P.

Last edited:

PawPaw

Evidently, not much interest in BLR rifles, but I'm certain that you can use any standard factory ammo in that rifle.

SCDeac82

BLR

Congrats on your purchase!

I have always wanted one...I wish they made the straight grip version with the scnabel forend.

Got a picture of yours?

JB

bobnob

Yes they are nice. I wish they made one in .338 Federal. I guess there is the .358 though.

Any factory ammo would be fine in the BLR 30-06. If you reload I suggest FLS the cases to make chambering really slick and easy.

Big Pard

Thanks for the replies. I was just curious what was the most accurate in rifles others had. May start with some Hornady SST's and go from there.

Elliottsdad

Evidently, not much interest in BLR rifles
In searching the internet forums for info on this gun, I'd have to agree. I'm coming up on my next (and maybe last) rifle purchase, and have done tons of reading/research on lever action rifles in particular. I've found that when people do have something to say about the BLR, it's never bad. They seem to be extremely well received. I'm jealous of anyone who owns one.