Browning Black Label 1911-.380

m&p45acp10+1

I managed to come into this gun. A long time family friend gifted it to me. He is going into a retirement community that does not allow guns at all. He bought this about a year ago, and never shot it. I helped him move, and took quite a few guns to his sons that he wants them to have. After loading up the last load he handed me a pillow case. He said "this is for you. I know you wanted one a while back when you took me shooting. I bought this one for me, but can not take it in there. The family heirloom guns have been sent to my boys, to be given to the grandchildren. Now this one if for you." I thanked him tremendously.

Also he has a cell phone, and still has his car. I told him he can shoot with me anytime I am not working. I hope he takes me up on it. I have taken him quite a few times over the past few years. He shoots some of mine, I shoot some of his. I helped him with the cleaning, and storage needs of the ones he had.

Here is a picture of the gun. My wife may end up confiscating it from me.

indie_rocker

I have the Black Label Pro Full Size. Such a beautiful firearm. Bought it after a lemon of a RIA Baby Rock.

I ended up removing the ambi safety, it kept getting bumped off when I carried it. Otherwise, not a single complaint.

indie rocker said:
I ended up removing the ambi safety, it kept getting bumped off when I carried it. Otherwise, not a single complaint.
How did you remove it, if I may ask? I know it's retained by a tiny roll pin on the right side, and I'm afraid to try removing that for fear of destroying something. And Browning won't sell me a single-sided safety, so there's nothing to replace it with if I did manage to get it apart.

indie_rocker

How did you remove it, if I may ask? I know it's retained by a tiny roll pin on the right side, and I'm afraid to try removing that for fear of destroying something. And Browning won't sell me a single-sided safety, so there's nothing to replace it with if I did manage to get it apart.
Just drive out the tiny toll pin with a tiny punch and the safety will come right off. If you ever want to do a detail cleaning, that needs to be done anyways. But I took it a step further and filed the remaining nub flush with the frame. I'm not a fan of how they attached the safety to begin with. Kinda flimsy. So I'm glad to see it go, permanently.

indie_rocker

Here's a crude picture.
1f1115581b7dbc2b0cf1b31ff29b08c9.jpg

smee78

Glad you were able to take your friend to the range. I always found it fun to go shooting with someone else when I went. Looks like a nice addition to your collection congrats on the new shooter. You helped a friend out without expecting anything in return and he repays your help in a excellent way. I hope it shoots as good as it looks, I though about getting one a few years ago but never did, I ended up adding a Beretta 84F and love it. Be sure to let us know how it shoots.

ttarp

What do you do about the plastic trigger coming off???

Same thing you do when the plastic trigger comes off of your Colt...

I just picked one of theses up a couple of days ago, I'd much prefer Aluminum or Steel, but you'd think plastic had proved its utility by this point.

OP, it looks great, I hope yall are able to enjoy it at the range together in the near future.

kmw1954

Very nice indeed! Your friend has really shown his gratitude for your help and friendship. That doesn't happen every day!

PushPuller

Iv been wanting one of these for quite some time now! They're just a little pricey for what you get in my opinion. I like the two tone much better than the all black.