Browning A-5 Shotgun

Bucksnort1

A friend has what appears to be a Browning A-5, 12 ga shotgun. It looks like an A-5 with the hump back. He is in Colorado and I am in Arizona so I can't look at the gun. There is a serial number and Browning on the gun but nothing to indicate it is an A-5. He wants to sell it. I am doing the research to determine approximate value. It was purchased around 1960 and has the adjustable choke.

How can we know for sure it's an A-5?

603Country

Google it up. If you’ve seen a picture of what your friend has, you’ll see that it’s rather unique. Great shotgun. No gas system, so they run very clean. I used one for years after my REM 1100 threw up parts and died. The A-5 was a big upgrade.

Bucksnort1

603 Country

I have no doubt it's an A-5 so we will run with that. He wants to sell it. I'm researching a price for him.

bladesmith 1

I had two, both reblued. I traded the " Light 12 " with vent rib for a Remington model 11 with vent rib [ the same gun, just a Remington ] , and the plain one I have up for sale at a local gun dealer for $500. I've seen them being offered for up wards of a thousand on auction web sites. They are great guns because if you know what you're doing they can be adjusted for any load - very light to heavy. John Browning thought it was his greatest invention with guns because it would fire BP or the new smokeless powders.