Browning 1911….

mk70ss

Yup, but in .22LR. Grabbed this one today. It doesn’t even feel real it’s so light. It’s like 2/3 the size of a full size 1911, but all aluminum alloy.

DaleA

One of our local ranges had an intro night where you got to fire five different handguns (of their choosing) 10 rounds each.

One of them, I believe, was the little Browning like your (except the one I shot was all blue).

I think it was a fluke but I shot a tighter group with that gun than with any of my own .22's.

I wanted to ask the range folk what the gun would sell for but they were swamped that night and I never did get back to them. I like the two-tone gun you have. Good luck.

Crankylove

I’ve had one for several years. It does feel a bit weird shooting it after my full size 1911’s, but it’s fun. Mine is the GI commander version, and the sights are a bit tiny, but it shoots well.

Had a lot of people that laughed when I got it………but it’s one everyone wants to shoot when we go out.

Hellcat1

I recently picked up the .380 version, and I love it! Lots of fun to shoot, and quite accurate. Here it is shown with my full size Nighthawk 1911 to give a better idea as to the size.

full

full

Frank

Hellcat1 said:
Actually, according to Browning's website, it's 85% scale.

You are correct. That was covered in the review I posted a link to, but I didn't re-read the review before I posted the link.

Bill DeShivs

It's not a 1911 in the purest sense of the phrase, but since it's a Browning-and they call it a 1911/22 or 1911/380, it's a 1911.

Whether or not something "is" a 1911 is somewhat flexible. For example, Imbel (the Brazilian company that, until a few years ago, made all of Springfield Armory's 1911 pistols) has for sale in Brazil a CCO-sized "1911" (Commander-length slide on an Officers ACP-size frame) that's chambered in .380 ACP and has a fixed barrel. No link-down -- it operates on direct blow-back, just like these little Browning .380s.

I still consider the Imbels to be 1911s.

Para-Ordnance made their double-action only LDA pistols. They certainly looked like 1911s (except for the trigger). The action was totally different from the Brpwning-designed 1911 action, but I'm still willing to consider my LDA to be a 1911.

And then there's the Coonan ...

I keep hoping, apparently beyond hope, that one of these days they'll chamber one for .32 ACP.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.