Brownells hicap follower for 870?

Joe 543

Someone said that Brownells makes a follower that can bypass the dimple allowing the use of an extended mag. Therefore, not requiring any modification. Can someone explain how it works?

Thanks!
Joe

NJW

There is a follower in the Brownell's supplement but it is not advertised as being able to be used with mag extensions. It just has grooves on the sides that lets it go past the dimples but it still wouldn't work with an extension.

NJW in AZ

JNewell

NJW -- I'm a little confused. Every extension I've seen is the same ID as the mag tube. A follower that works in one will work in the other. I don't have any Remingtons with the dimples, but I think that the point of the relief cuts in the follower is to allow it go past the dimples and into the lower portion of the extension tube.

Icopy

The purpose of the notches in the follower is to bypass the dimples in the mag tubes when you install the follower. if you didn't have the notches, you couldn't install the follower. Regardless, the dimples keep the rounds from going into the extended mag tube. You remove the dimples and the rounds will go into the extended mag tube.

[This message has been edited by Icopy (edited June 20, 2000).]

NJW

Also if you load more than 4 shells in the mag then the follower has to go past the dimples and there is nothing that keeps them lined up. I would think that when you tried putting in a 5th shell the follower would get stuck on the dimples unless it happened to be lined up perfectly.

NJW in AZ