Broken G32 question (pics)

Smith66

100_5645.jpg

100_5639.jpg

100_5637.jpg

Well, I did what some say is impossible. I broke my Glock just by shooting it! :eek: I was at the range last week with my pistols, and shot the G32 last, with CorBon 115's. I had only fired one magazine through the pistol, and after the last round there was a slight rattling sound when I moved or shook the pistol, so I dissasembled it. I quickly noticed that there was a piece of polymer missing from the right side of the frame just behind the magazine well. You who own/shoot/are firmiliar with Glocks can see what I'm talking about by the pictures. Now, my question is (and it pains me physically to say this) what is it?? I know what it does, I'm just not sure what it's called. Can anybody help me out here?

Smith66

hollowpointt

Broken Glock

The good thing is Glock will handle your problem in a very fast and quite professional way. Everything I have heard and one time only my issue they were fantastic.

Handy

Smith,

Aside from the plastic part, is the right rear steel frame rail still in place? There are four of them - two in front, two in back.

Smith66

Handy,

No that piece of steel is gone as well, and that was mostly what I was wondering about, to be honest. I'm hoping to send it back to the factory next week to see if they will/can fix it for me.
Thanks for the help,
Smith 66

Ozzieman

If they dont please let us know

I purchased my first Glock last year for my wife (G26) and it has changed my feelings toward plastic guns (I like the 26) as long as Glock stands by them.
If they dont let us know.

Hawkman

THis is a known problem with a limited series of serial numbers. Glock will replace the frame. Go to Glocktalk and search for frame recall.

Handy

Hawkman has it. Glock produced a number of guns two years ago with faulty frame rails. They didn't consider it a recall situation :rolleyes: , but would replace the frame if asked.

Since it wasn't a recall, you didn't hear about it.

BUCKMARK

"E" series Glocks were affected by the recall. My ETVXXX G19 had to be upgraded.

Regardless of serial number, Glock will replace ANY frame that breaks due to normal use for free.

I would call them ASAP because a new frame with the correct serial number must be ordered from Austria.

It will take about 3 weeks until the frame arrives in Ga. They will then call you and tell you to send back the gun.

I got mine back in less than 2 weeks, and it works 100%. It never broke the first time, but I wanted the new frame anyway.

This may sound funny but what is turning me to buy a glock or other polymer gun is that if it breaks and a new gun is needed they just use the same serial number , no FFL to pay for is real nice when u couldnt afford it the first time.but I must say that no company warranty makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when in a gun fight though.

DPris

Member Emeritus
Any maker can replace a defective gun with a new one, same serial or different, without going through an FFL, unless local laws require it. The Feds don't. It can be shipped to the owner's house directly.
Denis

Rivers

Glock will replace the frame, but it won't have the same serial number unless it's part of the "e series" non-recall "upgrade" program. Even if the frame is replaced with the same serial number, a "1" will be added.