Broke down - Sig 556

Jeffenwulf

Well, I've always held 5.56 NATO in very low esteem and I'm not all that impressed with the M-16 either. I really wouldn't have considered buying anything smaller than my Tikka T3 in .270 Win, until today. It seems that my wife got a nice bonus for bringing in a new client right after my buddy brought his new DPMS AR over. She loved the gun and the excitement on her face when she found out that it doesn't kick at all and is pretty much our military issue weapon was great.

I took her up to my favorite local gunshop to take a look. She really liked how the Bushmaster and DPMS ARs handled, but she really fell in love with the Sig 556. How could I possibly dissuade her? Now we have a lovely little beauty in the family. We'll get her to the range tomorrow for a good test ... ummm, for my wife of course. I'll just stick to the manly calibers ... although with something that looks that good, I might just find myself able to be persuaded that 5.56/.223 isn't one of the worst evils to befall mankind.

Your lady sure has excellent taste. I like the side folder 556 myself, but handled a full house tacticool (foregrip, light, even laser IIRC) which I normally despise but felt extremely businesslike. A little too much for me right now and I do like the modularity of the AR, but in a .223 Sig would be my first choice.
.223 used to be my favorite cartridge, recently have come to think much less of it, but make no mistake it is worth having-IMO not the best all around cartridge, but all things considered, one of, as far as dealing with 2 legged threats.
What configuration did she get?

Good on you for having a wife down with shooting and the 2A, and particular EBRs. My ex considered firearms a luxury, piled brass a few times with me but wasn't into it-but could run a 1911 like a pro. Single now but just got my 'regular' (dancer) a new Ruger MK III I got a good deal on, put it in her name last night but not shot yet. May have to get another for myself. She loves my AK.

Jeffenwulf

It's the Sig 556 Holo. She really digs the holographic sights and EBR look. Although she still considers the Ishapore 2A the "pretty" gun. The Obama/Biden ticket has scared her enough that I can get that AK I've always wanted as well ... still trying to decide which one. In addition, I get to pick up a few lowers to build up later. Isn't life grand sometimes? I would never have spent this much on a rifle, especially in .223/5.56 ... but she would.

For the dollar can't beat a Saiga, esp. if you like to tinker around with your iron. The trigger group needs relocating and new furnature, but you'll have a Russian AK for not a lot of money. I'm on my second WASR, which are...not the best. You can get the Saigas properly set up, but I'd get the 12 or 20 ga if going that route, too hard to resist. Arsenal makes great AKs but for that money you can have a battle carbine with acceptable ergos.

I hear ya on the stockpiling. Man I was broke for so long, made up a pre-election shopping list, could have had everything on it by now but have been partying a lot all summer, throwing all that money away. Time to start staying home and sleeping at nght, and hope my OT keeps up. First up, M1A Socom 16 should have got a long time ago and Mossy 930 SPX. Then some .223, a 1911 (pref. GI spec Super .38) and a S&W 625 JM, maybe a Glock 34. Then possibly round 2 on the .308 and .223s, maybe a pistol cal carbine and Supernova as well. And The .351 WSL I wanted for years.