Brno zkm 611

dvdcrr

These look to be pretty cool, anyone here have any experience with one of these? Any bad quirks? Accuracy?

tahunua001

very expensive, very rare, not problematic that I've heard of.
from my understanding CZ changed the name of it's company a few times during it's first few years in business and being situated in the city of Brno Czechoslovakia, BRNO arms was one of the names they went with, eventually they went with CZ(an abbreviation that I have no intention of attempting to spell out). I've heard very little about them other than they are 22 mag, some of the wood has been known to split and if properly stored is quite decorative and magazine were going for over 100 apiece about 4 years ago.

Bigfatts

They also came in .17 HMR. I bid on one fir a while but it went sky high. Very nice little guns though. I've handled a couple but never shot one. CZ is now making the 512 if you want something less expensive. It is a little plainer looking but also much less expensive. Comes in .22lr and WMR as far as I know.

Pahoo

Go for it !!!

dvdcrr
If by chance you are eye-balling one, get it. They are fantastic shooters and the older ones are rare and worth the money. Cannot find fault with anything about them except availability. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

HiBC

:) I sure do like mine!!I bought it new when they were in the $300+ range.I have 2 10 rd and 1 5 rd mag,and a Burris compact 6x that they custom provided me a Ballistic Plex reticle in.

Only thing I had to sort out,up in the forend there is a recoil guide rod,the spring rides on it,and there is a massive extension of the bolt moving in the forend.There is sort of a nut that screws into the bolt ,around the guide rod.It was tending to work loose occasionally,and would cause the bolt to not fully close,creating excessive headspace and bulging brass.Totally cured,troulble free by a drop of blue loc-tite.

Bigfatts

The auction sites pretty much. Be prepared to pay top dollar though. There was one in the classifieds at rimfirecentral I think it sold fast at $650.

Buzzard Bait

I have one

Go for it if you can. I found one that appeared to be un-fired right out of the box at a pawn shop that didn't know what is was worth. That hardly ever happens but I'm not ashamed of my sellf. Any way they are accurate reliable and a dream to carry. Quirks, you shoot it and use it with the knoledge that if a part breaks or wears your chances of finding a replacement part are about the same as winning the lottery. Also they are 22 mag which is a little to pricy to plink with,but but great for small to medium game its not legal in TEXAS for deer. Scope mounts are also limited, and a scope sort of takes away the slim feeling that makes it great to care. The way extra mags are priced they should be listed on the gold exchage. I have heard rummers that CZ might be think of bringing it out again.
bb

Last edited:
I bought one NIB a long time ago, that had a split fore end... got that fixed ( it's thin & split on a checkering line ) wish I could find some more mags... I shot it enough to know it works good, & put it away since they have gotten rare

PetahW

I have the 611A varient, bought new, and can say there's not much difference in the hands of a shooter, between it & the earlier 611.

Once I got a peek at fit/finish of the issue BRNO/CZ rings the dealer had @ $65 extra cost - I opted to order a set of Burris/CZ rings from www.swfa.com @ $30 with 2x better fit/finish.
Regular rimfire rings, or CF Weaver-type rings, won't fit the integral BRNO/CZ receiver dovetails.

Mine is nicely accurate with the 3 kinds/brands/types of Mag ammo I have on hand.

The only thing I find odd is the issue front sight arrangement - which I don't use anyway, since I put a Leupold Compact scope on the rifle.

I paid $500, about 8 years ago - and would gladly pay $700 for another NIB one today, if I didn't already have this one.

At THAT time, the earlier 611's were trading for about $150 more, because junkies deemed them "better" than a 611A - B.S.

Savage99

If an autoloader is ok they are about the best made 22 mag. out there.

The trigger is a little mushy on them however they are accurate.

Of late they have got very expensive.

wm_md_1052339.jpg