Brno Rifles

Richard

I am interested in 223 and or 22 Long Rifle varieties. What do any of you have to say about these rifles? How accurate are they, how do they shoot, and did you have any problems with them? Thanks in advance and regards, Richard.

gunmart

richard when you find one let me know.i have a 270 zkk 600 but want many more a short 308 and a 3006 would be great.

Rusty S

A 223 527 FS (mannlicher stocked) carbine came home with me last nite. Awaiting rings and 2 more 5(?) shot mags. Had looked like about 1" 3 shot target from factory. Any info welcomed.

[This message has been edited by Rusty S (edited March 14, 2000).]

Richard

Rusty, I am nosey. What did you give for it? Did they show you that it has a set trigger? Regards, Richard.

gunmart

i am going to sell my unfired zzk 600 in 270 with the rings for $550.00.anyone interested in traiding a used 308 or 3006 for a new 270.

Rusty S

It was part of a trade - and I haven't got to read the instructions yet. But a scope went with it and the rings and 2 more mags
( on order ) were part of it.

The funny thing is there were a bunch of new and used scopes I could have chosen, but the one that felt right was a Simmons 4x32 shotgun scope. It looks as if it were about a 1/4" shorter between front and back bells it couldn't fit between the rings.

I don't see this as a varmint or target rifle, more something between a scout and a walkabout rifle. Or maybe a trojan horse. We've got coyotes walking around in broad daylight a few hundred yards outside town here in central Nevada. It looks like a coyote gun. Perfectly normal and expectable if someone sees me ( Nobody needs to know bout the AR-15 behind the truck seat.)

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello, Richard. I have a 527 in .223 Remington. With selected handloads, it'll group 1/2" or so at 100 yards for 3 shots. I've not been able to get it to shoot as tightly with anything as WW Factory "BallisticSilvertips" in 50 gr. That will group just under 3/8". I like BRNO rifles and own three, the .223, .30-06, and .375 H&H. Best.