Brn Hi-pwr Mkiii 40sw ?

kidcoltoutlaw

is it accurate.i think it can be carried cocked and locked is that right.will it shoot at 25 yards under 3 inches.is it worth the money.

JWC in MS

Mine will shoot most loads in the three inch or less range at that distance. The vast majority of my shooting is with cast bullets, keep that in mind.
Much like the 1911, the BHP is designed for cocked and locked carry.
Worth the money, I guess that depends on the asking price. Prices seem to be rising as large numbers are not be imported.

Jack19

Kidcolt...

I've owned two BHP .40s, one stock and the other customized. They are absolutely worth the $$$, one of the very few handguns I like in .40cal.

Slabside

The BHP .40 is a fine gun. It shoots well, is fairly accurate, and reliable. If you can find one at a decent price, you should definitely consider it.

Slabside

croyance

Unequivical yes. I like the safety on the Hi-Power better than a 1911 for carry. I use a kydex holster, and have found that in some situations the 1911 safety will go off safe by friction against my FIST holster. Not a good thing, thankfullly there is a grip safety.

Erich

As much as I hate to go along with a crowd . . .

. . . the answers to your questions are unequivocally YES !

I wish I'd bought my .40 Mk III in '94 when they came out, instead of waiting until last year. It's a wonderful pistol/cartridge combination.

In fact, just thinking about it to answer your Q made me decide to go shooting this weekend. Thanks!

Badge823

Hmmmmmm. I seem to be going against the crowd here. I've had Hi-powers since the 70's, and even though I am limited to my Sig 228 by my dept, I still consider the BHP in 9mm my favorite pistol. I bought a BHP 40 a few years back. It was 100% reliable and very accurate. However, it's balance, feel, and additional weight went against it for me.I sold it..and I've heard many stories like mine. I seem to meet alot of shooters who have HAD the BHP 40 and sold it. It's definitely a fine pistol in 40 cal. but it is also a LARGE pistol. The BHP in 9mm is a much better execution of size, power, and ergonomics.