Bravo Lower: trigger complaint

ace4059

I bought a complete Bravo Lower about 5 months ago. I have been happy with that lower on every aspect except one. I hate the trigger.

I have a complete S&W Ar 15 and I like it.The trigger on it is very smooth, and it pulls very easy, with a nice, clean, sharp break. I got the Bravo lower because I was told the trigger is smooth and it is the best Lower.
Well, The Bravo trigger is worse than my Bushmaster trigger. The trigger is totally unacceptable. It is very rough, almost as if the trigger parts are full of sand, and the trigger has a gritty feel to it. When pulling the trigger it has 5 spots where the trigger sticks, and this is the rough spots that I am talking about. When you pull the trigger half way on any of the other AR's, the triggers returns to the front position. On my Bravo when you pull it in half way, it stays their in that position. Then 10-15 secs later, it will sometimes pop out into the frontward position. Other times the trigger just remains half way pulled.

My dad owns a Colt, DD and LMT AR. I have always noticed that the triggers on AR 15's are not the best. The triggers on them are a little rough (not as smooth as my S&W) and maybe a little heavy for my liking. But they are acceptable and I looked and none have this problem.

I am wondering what I can do about my Bravo trigger. I dont want to replace it. I noticed my S&W has a nice polish job on its' trigger parts. I though maybe that's all my Bravo needs but when I looked at it, the bravo parts are already polished. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Don Glock

i would call bcm, but good luck. my experience with their cust serv convinced me never to purchase their products again.

also, i would take this question over to ar15.com, you'll get more response. bcm has their own forum there.

madcratebuilder

ace4059 said:
When you pull the trigger half way on any of the other AR's, the triggers returns to the front position. On my Bravo when you pull it in half way, it stays their in that position. Then 10-15 secs later, it will sometimes pop out into the frontward position. Other times the trigger just remains half way pulled.

There are a few things that could cause this. You may have some part of the FCG binding on the sides of the receiver or some very rough spots on the sear surfaces. I would contact BCM, they well probably send you a new FCG.

sailskidrive

Trigger

Your best bet is probably to just order an after market trigger online. My personal experience with BCM is that their post sales customer service is extremely poor. I no longer buy anything from them, there are lots of other more responsive mil spec suppliers out there that actually have products in stock.

The RRA two stage triggers are pretty good for the price.

Just my opinion.

Mobuck

If you have as many AR's as you mentioned, you should know how easy it is to replace the trigger. A standard National Match trigger/hammer will cost about $100 and takes about 15 minutes to install.
I would not advise messing with the original trigger in any way due to the possibility of causing an inadvertant discharge and the associated liability.

Big Shrek

take a really close look at the trigger & make sure its smooth & not burred...
use a piece of cotton/Q-tip to check it...if its burred, you know what to do next.
If it ain't, bug the MFR.
If its binding like Madcrate sez, you know what to do.

Ain't like triggers are all that expensive...get a tried & true one, and enjoy.

ace4059

I got to thinking about this Lower. It is brand new and has never been fired (I am waiting on my tax stamp to purchase an SBR upper).
I was thinking the others were "better" because they all have had at least a few thousand rounds through them, so maybe this LPK still has a few burs on the metal.
So I took apart my Bravo lower and looked to see if it had any rough spots that would cause the gritty and catching.It did not have any burs, but I found what were very small metal shavings in the trigger and on the polished metal. I sprayed it down with the high pressure barrel cleaner and blasted it all off. Then added a drop of oil and re assembled. That fixed the problem.

jackblack73

i would call bcm, but good luck. my experience with their cust serv convinced me never to purchase their products again.
BCM has a reputation for excellent customer service, and my experience with them has been the same. However, do NOT call them. IIRC, even their telephone message tells you they are not responsive to calls. They were very responsive to my emails, however, and even gave me a discount on an item I broke, even though I didn't ask. Remember, this is not a huge corporation with a call center, but they will treat you right.

Don Glock

BCM has a reputation for excellent customer service, and my experience with them has been the same. However, do NOT call them. IIRC, even their telephone message tells you they are not responsive to calls. They were very responsive to my emails, however, and even gave me a discount on an item I broke, even though I didn't ask. Remember, this is not a huge corporation with a call center, but they will treat you right.

yes, i know they're a smaller outfit.

do you work for bcm? if so, you need to improve cust serv, and QC.

otherwise, your post doesn't change my personal experience, nor that of the other poster on this thread. i still would never purchase their products again.

jackblack73

I don't work for BCM, and I don't really care if you buy from them or not. Just pointing out it's pretty well known not to call them, but to email instead. If you've done your research you know BCM is one of the highest quality AR makers out there. For every negative I've read about BCM I've literally probably read 100 positives. If someone doesn't want to deal with them because they don't take phone calls, that's up to them.