Brass prices

kgpcr

Guys i am not offering for sale that will come later but i have a bunch of brass to sell. I have a few thousand .40,.45 and .38 brass that is true once fired brass. the .40 has been tumbled. any idea what its worth?

Jim243

That's a shame, I could use some 40 brass. New brass is about 20 cents a case, used brass in condition 1 should be worth about 10 cents a case, in condition 3 about 5 cents a case.

Let me know if you change your mind on selling them.

Jim

uncyboo

Gun shows in this area (Spokane) have 9mm and 40 brass for a nickel a piece. This is unsorted, untumbled, and non-decapped range brass.

I tried to trade some 40 S&W at the last gun show here. I had resized and tumbled it enough that it looked almost new. I though this would make it more desirable, but none of the dealers wanted it, as they said once it was decapped, they couldn't sell it as "once fired", which I don't really get, as there are non-plated primers available.

DiscoRacing

i have bought several thousand and paid average 50bucks per thousand for .40S&W shipped,,and around 55bucks per thousand for 38spcl.

I'd go meander over at the Gun Show forum and scroll down a few pages to see what the going rate is from fellow members. You'll see the trend that .40SW is going pretty cheap these days. 9mm isn't much more expensive. .45ACP is still in decent demand and costs more to ship in a given quantity compared to the other two. .38 is usually going for about a nickel a piece for once fired & cleaned.