Brass Maxx and moon clips...

BOBA FETT

i went to the range today and shot my smith and wesson 986... i had a container of brass maxx 9mm that i bought... the bullets would not snap into my moon clips as they should,instead they just dropped out.....just about every other ammo i have used does not do this... it shoots great just a pain in the ass to shoot in a revolver...out of spec brass maybee ???

somerled

There's a lot of variance in the cannelure of cases from various manufacturers. I've had some trouble with foreign-made .45 ACP ammo and moon clips.

I've not used BrassMaxx, but it is made in Bosnia and Herzegovina for TulAmmo.

BOBA FETT

it goes bang every time..but it sloppidly falls out of the moon clips.... ill stay away from it when shooting revolver from now on..

mchapman

A fellow at the range handed me some to try and I had the same issues, on comparison with R-P or Federal brass the Brass Maxx extraction grooves are a lot bigger, I guess the eastern bloc doesn't have to follow SAMMI spects.

Darker Loaf

RE BOBA FETT: Thanks for posting this! I noticed some differences in the diameter of 9mm brass with my 986, too. Some is snugger and some is loser. Good to know there is brass to be avoided.