Brand new Anderson AR is scratching bullets on the feed ramp

ghbucky

I have a new Anderson 5.56 AR with less than 100 rounds through it. While working on setting up reload round length and feeding a dummy through the mag, I noticed that the feed ramp is scratching my bullets (55gr FMJ)

I've been putting this one dummy round into a mag, and releasing the bolt, and there is a minor scratch on the copper jacket.

I've done a little bit of research on this and I'm seeing all kinds of responses.. from they all do it, to polish this or that.

I'm not looking to shoot 1000 yds or anything, so I'm not too worried about the effect on accuracy, but I am wondering if my rifle needs work.

TIA

krunchnik

Minor scratch on a bullet that has been chambered a multitude of times-I would say your good to go.
I can't remember which one of mine actually sheared the tip off a Hornady 55gr Softpoint-I fired that round the next time I went to the range and noticed nothing different.

Chipperman

One of my ARs had a vicious point between the M4 reed ramps. It was like a scalpel blade. Some rounds were getting hung up on it when feeding. I Smoothed the point down with a file and it fixed the problem. We’re talking a couple of thousandths not a lot of metal.