BPS Upland or Ithica 37 Upland???

DonR101395

I'm looking at buying a new 20ga. I have it narrowed down to one of these two. Anyone have any experience with either? I'm leaning towards the Browning, but the Ithica is definitely a contender.

Last edited:

Scoupe

The Ithaca is lighter. They are both great field guns. There's not a bad choice to made here.

My experience is with both of them in 12ga pistol grip stocks though.

DonR101395

I think I'm going to get the Upland BPS. All other things being equal, IMHO it has nicer wood and I prefer the dual slide action bars.

svenrh

I have owned both, and prefer the Ithaca. The Brownings seem pretty heavy to me. The dual action bar is a non-issue in my opinion as my 4 Ithaca's are very slick and 100% reliable. The Ithaca's have basically been around since 1937 (or earlier if you count the Remington version). Both great guns though.

kgpcr

Ithaca all the way!! better made and lighter! Ithaca makes a great pump, one of the best ever made by far. There is no pump on the market i would take over a model 37!!

DonR101395

Yesterday was my birthday and I got a new to me 20ga BPS Upland. It was a difficult decision, but of the two I was looking at the BPS was just the "better" gun IMO. Had there been new guns side by side I would probably still be trying to decide.

Bilbo56

I bought a new 3 1/2 inch 12 gauge BPS this year and am very impressed with it. The pump action is just as smooth as you could possibly expect.