BPNovum - "Armadillo" review...

Hemicuda

GREAT stuff...

It made the internal cleaning of the barrel shroud on my ported Dan Wesson D-44 MUCH easier... (and I shot almost TWICE as many rounds as I have ever dared to without cleaning it...)

It seems that 90% of the crud that formerly collected in there doesn't get a hold on the metal, and blows on through out of the ports on the shroud... ALSO, though it took a bit of buffing, after I FINALLY got it polished out, what a wonderful shine it left on the almost black, and extremely shiny finish on my Dan Wesson's (I did the 15-2HV also)

My carry piece (now over a week without cleaning) isn't NEARLY as "linted up" as it should be... and seems a bit "slicker" out of the holster)

My Savage 110-E didn't like it, but that is because of the rough "spun" finish on the barrel... it was VERY hard to remove the excess product from the barrel surface...

Which brings us to my ONLY complaint... the stuff is a bit too "stiff" causing me to waste some while trying to apply it... ('twas a tad crumbly). I used a q-tip to apply it... and a lint-free rag to buff it... and because it is so "hard" a wax, it is a bit hard to buff...

because of the consistency, it buffed off with a bit of difficulty... now, if that "thick, dry" consistency is necessary for it to harden on the gun and do it's job, then so be it... I CAN live with it...

All in all, I WILL be purchasing some of it when it becomes available on the market, if for no other reason than the shine it gives that deep black "bluing" that I love so much... (my Contender barrels also wear this finish) and for the ease of cleaning it seems to provide my carry piece, and the internal shroud of the Dan Wesson!

Jim V

Add my review too

I applied B/W Armadillo to 8 blued 1911 magazines and buffed them well. They seem to eject a little easier. I wore two of them in an open top magazine pouch that was exposed to the elements while I cleared snow from my drive. Enough moisture collected on the pouch and magazines to give me a good idea how it was doing, The moisture beaded up and I could shake it off with no problem. I did not leave it mags damp to see how long it would take before they rusted. I am not willing to do that just to test the product. ;)

It seems that Armadillo also has some cleaning properties as the cloth I used to apply the product and the one I used to buff the magazines with ended up black.

The consistancy is a little stiffer/harder than what I'd like, it did not crumble but it was not that easy to get out of the container. I am going to heat it next time in a bowl of hot water. Warming the product may help in its application.

I'd add Armadillo to my cleaning supplies.

BPNovum

Thanks for the feedback!

Hey guys,

I just got back in town and am glad to get your feedback. I have passed it upstream to product development and the company president.

I was shocked to hear of the TFL shutdown! This is a great forum and I have learned a lot from the members here. I hope our new home will work as well. Someone, please let me know where the new site will be.

Happy Holidays!

Jason Demond

I was board, so I decided to play with the Armadillo wax. I had an old pair of grip for an S&W N frame revolver that were real dull and just not pretty to look at. So I tried some of the wax on them, and ended up with a new pair of grips. I know the paper said it was safe for wood, but this stuff is amazing. I wish I had some before and after pics.:(