Bought the new G43x

The only reason I traded in my G43 6+1 was it didn't hold enough ammo for me. the New Gen 5 G43X solved that problem plus a few other minor things. 'I feel much more comfortable carrying a 10+1 magazine in the new G43x. The pull seems to be almost equal & the overall feel and balance of the G43x is terrific. One advice if you buy the new G43x is to practice practice practice. This pistol needs to be held stronger like the G43 so you should get those 2" groups. I remember
complaining that in the beginning I had a terrible time with accuracy with my G43 & was told to hold the frame as hard as possible & that made a huge accuracy difference for me.
Enjoy this 10shot+1 Glock, it's a real barn berner.

stephen426

The Glock 43 trigger seems a bit stiffer than full sized triggers to me. I put an Agency Arms trigger on mine and the Double Diamond connector. The Agency Arms comes with the Ghost Edge, but I like the Double Diamond better. While I would certainly prefer to have a few more rounds, the Glock 43 is much more concealable for me. I do carry two extra mags that have the +2 extension on them. Even then, it only gets me to 23 rounds. I used to carry a Glock 26 and I'm seriously thinking about taking another look at it.

JMag1

The Glock 43 trigger seems a bit stiffer than full sized triggers to me. I put an Agency Arms trigger on mine and the Double Diamond connector. The Agency Arms comes with the Ghost Edge, but I like the Double Diamond better. While I would certainly prefer to have a few more rounds, the Glock 43 is much more concealable for me. I do carry two extra mags that have the +2 extension on them. Even then, it only gets me to 23 rounds. I used to carry a Glock 26 and I'm seriously thinking about taking another look at it.

The 26 remains an extremely relevant CCW piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stephen426

The 26 remains an extremely relevant CCW piece.

Yeah... Especially since they take 15, 17, or even 33 round mags! I'm not sure about carrying the 33 round mag, but two 17 round mags wouldn't be out of the question. That would be 45 rounds of ammo!!! 10+1+17+17

USNRet93

I looked hard at the 43x when I was looking for a smaller 9mm..BUT, considering the variety of weather around here and also clothes..I choose a 43..then added a +1 and +2 and +4 mag extensions to the factory mags(gun came with 2, bought one)..so I have the versatility to carry with any clothes. I also carry another 10R magazine in a SnagMag..so..18 rounds..'probably' enough..:)

Metric

The Shield Arms 15 round flush fit magazines for the G43X and G48 are available for pre-order.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

This could be monumentally important in a way we can't fully appreciate, right now. It has that slightly weird "what should we make of this?" feeling that heralds the cutting edge of a paradigm shift.

I was already stoked about the 48 with a 10rd mag, but when the iconic G19 suddenly starts seeming old-fashioned, I sense an earthquake coming...

TunnelRat

This could be monumentally important in a way we can't fully appreciate, right now. It has that slightly weird "what should we make of this?" feeling that heralds the cutting edge of a paradigm shift.

I was already stoked about the 48 with a 10rd mag, but when the iconic G19 suddenly starts seeming old-fashioned, I sense an earthquake coming...
Let's see how well they work first before going that far. But moreso, given the size of the 43X and 48, it would essentially mean this company has figured out what SIG did with the P365 magazines and is now doing it themselves. The "shift" already happened.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Metric

Let's see how well they work first before going that far. But moreso, given the size of the 43X and 48, it would essentially mean this company has figured out what SIG did with the P365 magazines and is now doing it themselves. The "shift" already happened.

IMO, the real shift is yet to come.

A cluster of important events have taken place, with Sig and Glock making near-pocket 9mms that, when scaled up, turn out to have the firepower of a full-size with size/ergonomics that are revolutionary. Sig had the magazine first, but they weren't the first to scale it up and their pistol didn't suddenly make the larger models seem redundant in quite the same way as the combination of Glock/Shield Arms.

The immediate question this should raise with other manufacturers is "why should we have to start with a pocket pistol and scale it up?" The seismic shift will occur when everyone sees what can be done, and starts designing things with this result in mind. Right now, we're still coming to terms with what just happened.

It's been interesting to compare a Beretta 92 to something like a Glock 19, as we've been doing for decades. But comparing a Beretta 92 to a Glock 48/Shield becomes almost surreal. Something important just happened.

TunnelRat

I personally wouldn't go that far, but that's just my opinion. I have a P365 XL, which has more capacity than a G43X or G48 despite still being smaller. The larger size still of the Glocks is how Shield Arms can get 15 rds, although you can get 15 rd mags for the P365 as well.

I still carry a Glock 19 most of the time though. It's still less recoil and easier for me to shoot and the width difference isn't that big to me. For me the critical dimension is height, and even with the P365 once you start getting higher in capacity it seems like some of the "magic" has to disappear and the height of the magazines becomes more comparable once again. I think a number of shooters will appreciate and benefit from these designs (again, assuming they work well long term), but it's not enough for me to call it a paradigm shift. I admit that's a matter of perspective.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I agree with Tunnel Rat about his/my G19. I am very partial towards Glocks & since I had a G43 & learned how to shoot it properly the next step up for me was the G43X. BTW, I just got ITW Kydex holster today & it fit just fine.

Metric

Sure, and this is some crystal-ball gazing on my part. It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future, but I may as well stick my neck out and note "today" as a day to look back on, in the event that our choices for incredibly slim but full-capacity 9mm's explode in the next few years.

USNRet93

Glock 43 vs 43X

I'm still mulling this but a question of those who have shot both..I know subjective. I have a arthritic RH wrist and wonky, poorly repaired RH thumb(thanks USN Docs)..so I'm a bit 'recoil sensitive'...with the same slide, barrel on both the 43 and 43x..will felt recoil be the same? Assuming same ammo used?

TIA..

Last edited:
USN. I think Jonny C is correct. I too feel like the percieved recoil is less in the 43X & the only reason that I can come up with is the new design. However, the trigger is a real bear. I went back today to my range & shot a box of 115gr. Magtech fmj & my hand particularly my trigger finger is still sore as it was Friday. That will disappear over time since this is what I want as my carry, I better get used to it. Overall, I feel very pleased with the 43X & I'm not overloaded nor underloaded. Last thought is why I didn't get the mazines that have 7,8 or 9 loads in the G43, is it's much harder for me in Fl. to carry concealed with that extra length.

USNRet93

USN. I think Jonny C is correct. I too feel like the percieved recoil is less in the 43X & the only reason that I can come up with is the new design. However, the trigger is a real bear. I went back today to my range & shot a box of 115gr. Magtech fmj & my hand particularly my trigger finger is still sore as it was Friday. That will disappear over time since this is what I want as my carry, I better get used to it. Overall, I feel very pleased with the 43X & I'm not overloaded nor underloaded. Last thought is why I didn't get the mazines that have 7,8 or 9 loads in the G43, is it's much harder for me in Fl. to carry concealed with that extra length.
That's why I'm sticking to the 43. More versatile to carry..I carry a +1, a +2 or a +4..The +2 makes the 43 almost identical with the 43x(same width as I have a Hogue grip on it).

Fullclip610

I actually won 2 Glock 19’s in a raffle. Thinking about trading 1 for a G43x or g48. Are they much easier to conceal that the g19? Did anyone do the same thing and was glad or disappointed?

USNRet93

I actually won 2 Glock 19’s in a raffle. Thinking about trading 1 for a G43x or g48. Are they much easier to conceal that the g19? Did anyone do the same thing and was glad or disappointed?
Depends on if width or length of grip is an 'issue', IMHO. Length, for me, is a bigger issue than width, for the holster I use. 19 and 43x/48 too long, for me..
43x/48 essentially a single stack -19.

Sequins

The G48 is excellent. Trigger feels different imo but I think it's just the grip reduction altering my own hold. It's a lot thinner.

Overall I really loved it but it's not mag compatible with other glocks or issued on a wide scale, the two main reasons I like Glocks, so I passed. When we get a G17 sized frame version with 24rd flush fits, a 26 with 15, and everyone migrates to the new style of Glock i gladly will too.