Bought my first semi-auto

Legumeofterror

I have had two nice revolvers left to me by my grandfather, a S&W Model 28 and a Colt Python. when i shoot them I'm always afraid of messing them up (more so the Python), so i was looking for a beater pistol to plink with and now have to worry about it. at a recent gun show i came across the PA-63 and figures it would do nicely, and at $150 i wouldn't mind it getting tossed around a bit. shoots well, and the recoil isn't as bad as all the stories i read made it seem, and I'm very happy with it.

IMG_0976.jpg

any one know the meaning of the serial numbers? the one on the magazine and the gun match. its rather low (700's) relative the the spare (9,000's) , and i was wondering if i could find out the year of production or if they even have significance. oh, and what are the meanings of the symbols stamped in the frame?

Lawyer Daggit

Cingratulations ! I love Makarov's, although being an Aussie I will probably never get to own one.

Can you tell us more- how does it shoot, any problems, what accessories came with it.

Legumeofterror

its not a true Markov, its a Walther PPK clone (though the guy selling them didn't want to hear any of THAT, as far as he was concerned it was a Markov :rolleyes: ) that's a little bigger to shoot the larger round. it came with 2 mags, a manual, a cleaning rod, and a cheap trigger lock. it shot decently, grouping something like 5" at 10-15 yard when i took my time. the sights are kinda small, but not too bad. it weighs a little over a pound, so the recoil is pretty sharp, but its tolerable. not a single malfunction through 200 rounds, though the magazine with the mismatched serial number needed some hammering and filing to slide in and out smoothly. it had a dent that pushed outward that made for a tight fit. overall it was well worth the $150. sorry your government wont let you have anything fun. :p