Bought my first EBR today

Daniel964

Went to the fun show today and picked up a Rock River M4A3 16 inch with a chrome/molley barrel and 6 position stock.

2350 rounds of ammo, 5 extra new mags and 11 battle field pickups. Cleaning kit and spare parts kit.

Also bought 1,400 Lake City pulled bullets, 62 gr. And 8,000 Winchester Small Rifle Primers as well as the die set to reload.

One thing I forgot to check before I put my money down is to check if the chamber is a .223 or a 5.56. :eek: Where do I look for that?

629 shooter

I thought about getting one of their A4 Varmint models and on those they list the chamber as a 223 Wylde chamber. Probably logging on to their website would provide the info on your model. Regardless , sounds like you are in for a lot of fun shooting!

Some of their other models have 223/5.56 NATO chamber listed.

Redneckrepairs

The Wylde chamber that RRA uses is suitable for both 5.56 and .223 , Supposedly it will wring a bit more accuracy out of either , but i have no idea on the physics of it .

FirstFreedom

Uh-oh, you opened a pandora's box there, buddy. :)

Just look on the barrel - whatever it says is what it's chambered for. If it's chambered for 5.56x45mm, or 5.56mm Wylde, then you can shoot EITHER (5.56 or .223). But if it says .223 rem (it won't), then shoot ONLY .223 rem.