Bought my first Derringer today

FunGramps

Purchased a nearly 100% High Standard Model D-100 in the box today. I checked the serial number, and it was made in 1966 as far as I can tell. Getting shipped so it's not in hand yet. I've always liked these pea-shooters. Probably make it a safe queen and pass it along when I kick. If I wanted a carry Derringer, it would be a Bond Arms .45. Have fun finding one though!
My carry is a S&W model 60 .357 2 1/2 ".

Do any of you own or carry a Derringer?
These are photos of my gun.

Cheers!

derringer3.jpeg

derringer2.jpeg

Alan0354

"During a crisis, conservatives stock up on food, guns and ammo. Liberals hoard toilet paper. "

I hoard both, what does that make me?!!!:D:):p

I keep about 70 rolls minimum at all time!!!! Don't tell me I am a liberal, that's a disease.

FunGramps

"During a crisis, conservatives stock up on food, guns and ammo. Liberals hoard toilet paper. "

I hoard both, what does that make me?!!!:D:):p

I keep about 70 rolls minimum at all time!!!! Don't tell me I am a liberal, that's a disease.
You own a gun, so you're disease-free. :)

DT Guy

My late, much-missed Father-in-Law carried one of those for many, many years (cough-before his state had CCW-cough) and swore by it. Said the way it sat in a back pocket made it easy to carry, easy to hide and easy to draw and shoot quickly.

Larry

Urbanrecon

I carried a High Standard two round .22 WMR Derringer as a backup for years when I was a po-po. A lot of officers back then did. If you shot them a lot they didn't last long. Something about a plastic gear inside em. I sorta view the Ruger LCP as a modern Derringer but equipped with more rounds albeit .380. And oh boy the fireball you got out of the High Standard at night!

TruthTellers

The High Standard is the epitome of what the derringer should be and Bond Arms is what it shouldn't be.

Imagine if someone brought it back, gave it an aluminum frame, and made it a .32 for a lighter trigger pull? Or kept it .22, but added a third barrel?

I'm surprised NAA hasn't bought the rights to make them, I'm sure they could make some money off such a thin handgun.

Carmady

"I have an American Derringer DA-38 that I bought new back in the 80s."

I had one in .38 Special, and it was my favorite of the all the CF derringers I tried for two reasons:
1) SA derringers can be a major PITA to cock, and that's while just sitting around
2) DA trigger pull was outstanding when compared to most SA derringer triggers

Iirc they came chambered in .38 SPL, .357 Mag, 9mm, and .40 S&W.

BJT made them before ADC. They're like a big Hi-Standard .22 derringer.

gwpercle

If I had one you betcha bottom dollar I would carry it !
Compact , light , flat and in 22 Magnum ...something not to be taken lightly .
Nice Score ... don't put it in the safe and ignore it ... Shoot It !
Gary

TruthTellers

"I have an American Derringer DA-38 that I bought new back in the 80s."

I had one in .38 Special, and it was my favorite of the all the CF derringers I tried for two reasons:
1) SA derringers can be a major PITA to cock, and that's while just sitting around
2) DA trigger pull was outstanding when compared to most SA derringer triggers

Iirc they came chambered in .38 SPL, .357 Mag, 9mm, and .40 S&W.

BJT made them before ADC. They're like a big Hi-Standard .22 derringer.
I didn't know they made them in centerfire. Those would be worth every bit as much as what Bond makes with their single action hunks of chunk.

geologist

Here's mine in .22LR. I took the grips off it to make it thinner. The DA trigger pull is heavy. Heavy enough that some women can't fire it.

A45hgdJl.jpg

.22LR birdshot at 3 yards.

dRsZmvrl.jpg